Simba My blog part two

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Simba My blog part two

Post by Glenys »

Hi everyone

It now appears I have a blog. Not sure what it means but a dog-blog sounds pretty cool. Even NM doesn't have one of these but I am not sure about this "going viral" stuff - sounds like something nasty I could catch! Saw NM reading some of the comments posted and I am sure he had to dry his eyes a couple of times.

Anyhow, what have I been up to since my last Dog Diary. Well three very important things have happened. First and most importantly, having had the chance to bond with NM for a couple of days I met New Lady (not happy calling her New Mistress - has difficult connotations that I think). She had been visiting Young New Master in London and was anxious to meet me as I was with her. As she was a newcomer to MY new house I had to give her a little growl when she arrived but do you know what, within an hour we were cuddling like long lost friends. I do like her. She gives me really good ear tickles and within seconds my eyes are glazing over and I am falling over backwards - brilliant! She sometimes speaks in a slightly soppy manner to me but at other times can be quite severe when I overstep the mark. I can see how she keeps NM in his place. We shall get on just fine.

The second thing that happened which was also very important was what I was to be called. Nice Glenys who had taken care of me for a few days had told NM it was alright to choose a new name. So after consultations between NM, NL and YNM it was decided that from henceforth I should be known as Sam. I like the sound of this and I am answering to it already (when it suits me of course).

The third event was a trip to the vet used by NM. This vet apparently took care of my predecessor (a Labrador called Max) and by all accounts he needed some caring. It would appear that he got a serious head infection which necessitated trips to the Liverpool animal hospital and an operation that included drilling his head. Ouch..don't want any of that sort of thing. I put all these thoughts to one side and met the vet (Andrew) who is really good and caring. Had all the necessary vaccinations and got chipped - didn't feel a thing. I feel quite safe and secure. NM also tells me I am now covered by something called pet insurance so if anything did happen I am not going to put him into poverty. That's alright then.

Those are the imprortant things, what else has been going on? Well the regular walks are continuing. Similar routes as previous I am told until NM is comfortable with my performance. (Remember that little issue last week with the field gate? Well after three goes – sorted.) If I continue with my current process he tells me a trip to the Lake District might be on the cards in April. I am going to do my best 'cos this sound like a trip I'd enjoy. Other things are pretty routine stuff but I have been given some toys. At first I was not too bothered by them - found them a tad childish. However NM suggested I persevere with them and I am now finding them quite fun. A rubber ring is my favourite although NL laughs at me when I get the ring round my leg and I haven't the sense yet to let go of it. Hopping round the dining room has become the nightly entertainment (she's easily amused). NM has put a whole box of toys down and I am experimenting with the squeaky elephant and the orange spider – or is it a crab. Whatever.

Other stuff is pretty routine for a dog but I did remember that it is entertaining to humans when I rediscovered I had a tail and did the usual circling around and falling over. Met one of the new neighbours. She has a dog as well and we are to meet. Had to give her a firm barking though as she was leaning on MY fence.

Misdemeanours? Well there have been a couple if incidents. A bag out of the peddle bin warranted a mild rebuke - I took myself off for a full two minutes and sulked. Unfortunately I then mistook the hose from the vacuum cleaner as one of those toys I had been given and gave it a severe chewing. NL caught me and the severe mode kicked in - see above. This necessitated a whole half hour sulk! Oh and some new mats NM had bought. Thought it best to get acquainted so ate some – not a good idea ‘cos old mats are now back in.

Plans for next week. I have been told that if I continue with my present progress a trip to the local hostelry is on the cards. It appears NM is quite well known here and there are other chums and canines to meet. It has a enclosed beer garden and a field behind and NM tells me I can scamper at will. He has even suggested that the field is a good place to be trained in whilst he has a gill or two of the amber nectar. I can see us being regular visitors here. NM tells me the main reason for going to this particular drinking establishment is that it sells ale named after a famous walker which is also my NM’s surname – any guesses fellow bloggers?

That’s about it for now. Teatime calls and the biscuits are waiting.

Woof woof.
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Simba My blog part two

Post by Willow »

Oh Sam, I am so enjoying reading all about your adventures.. and progress! Please please agree to become a regular columnist on this fabulous forum!! Next time I see a post from you I'll pour myself a glass of the chilled stuff and put my feet up for the full experience!
You sound like a much-loved doggy, just like lovely Max that came before you. Sounds like you have some big shoes to fill there :love2:
Fingers and paws crossed that you make it to the Lake District with NM :1955:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

I really enjoy your blogs Sam, please keep 'em coming. A piccy or two would be appreceiated too if NM can master Photobucket.........hint....hint.

I'm sure you'll make it to the Lake District. :thumbup: :2379: When you do get there, have a swim for Max. :love5:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sam what can I say other than (love your new name) you certainly have landed on all for paws and clearly loved and cherished :love5: :love5:

Don't forget you need to keep NM , YNM and NL in check which by the sounds of it you are already doing lol :love2:

Can't wait to hear more from you plus a pic or two would be nice :love2:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Yvonne Walsh
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Yvonne Walsh »

Love your post Sam, and the new name! We gave Molly her new name when she adopted us in November, (she was Holly when she arrived). She seems to have taken to her new name. I'm guessing you're famous walker name might be Wainwright? Hope you enjoy lots of Lake District walks, we took Molly to Arnside at the weekend and hope to go up to the Lakes with her soon. X
Yvonne (and Molly)
Lindsay2011
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lindsay2011 »

Oh Sam I love your new name, I didn't think you looked like a Simba at all.

You truly have landed on all 4 paws with a lovely kind and knowledgeable family you lucky boy.

from that sad, depressed dog with no collar and lead to a happy, active and much loved pet within such a short space of time! I'm sure you will have an amazing holiday in the lake district, enjoy every minute.

Lindsay x :1972:
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Oh Sam, your name suits you very well indeed, we love it.

It sounds like you are doing just fine, keep up the good work, also don't forget to look at NL with head tilted to one side and with sad eyes, we heard our Mummy say we look cute, whatever that means, but to us it means we get a biscuit.

Happy to share tips and tricks anytime.

Love and licks Barney and Molly XX
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Sam, you really do sound like you have it made!! Ear tickles, nice walks, trips to the hostelry, new toys and teatime biscuits!
I think you have well & truly fallen on all four paws young man :2379:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart