Mac's Big Day

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lynn Molloy
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Mac's Big Day

Post by Lynn Molloy »

The last puppy to be known hereonin as Mac came home with myself and my hubby Jon today. He's a funny little thing and has experienced lots of 'firsts' since leaving Glenys and Sam's. I'll let Mac tell you about his day in his own words …

I'm pooped!!! I had a play in the field at Eccleston and vetted my new brother and sister and decided I could cope with a geriatric brother and a diva of a sister and the hoomans seemed nice enough too. I was then asked to get in the back of a big grey thing my new hoomans call a car so we could all go 'home'. I really enjoyed the car, but apparently trying to do a Houdini (and failing!) through the dog guard is not classed as an acceptable and safe method of travel in cars!!

On our arrival at 'home' I was a bit nervous but soon worked out what's what. I'm not allowed to jump up work tops and pinch whatever goodies my hoomans put up there but I am allowed to sit on mum's knee and cuddles are not in short supply here!!

Mum took me for a walk into the village along the main road and I initially thought all those noisy, big, smelly cars were trying to get me but with lots of reassurance that they weren't I decided I quite enjoyed all the smiles I got from the people in the cars and those that we saw walking who stopped to make a fuss of me! I did scare myself a couple of times those when we walked past big shiny things, I now know they're called windows, and I saw a dog in there so I shouted at it to go away!! Still can't work out why mum found this hilarious …

Anyway, we came home, and I was asked to climb what the hoomans call stairs, I hadn't a clue where to start so I was carried up but I don't think I'll get away with that trick for long! I was put in a big white thing and 'bathed' - not impressed at all!!

Later we got a visit from some more hoomans who had little hoomans with them, mum says they wanted to see little old me - I felt very important!! I like the little hoomans altho I was nervous of the big ones! By this time I fancied a nap so I pinched my brother's bed and looked at the inside of my eyelids for 10 minutes, but it's hard to snooze when there's sooo much to see and do.

After they went my hoomans flicked a switch and the big black thing in the corner suddenly came to life!! After my initial concerns I've decided I quite like sitting on mum's knee and watching telly!

I did get shouted at by Pip though for trying to pinch her tea … it's not my fault, I'd finished mine and was still hungry! Won't be doing that again …

Anyway, I'm off for a game of fetch so I'll catch up again soon!! But I want you all to know I think I'm gonna like it here!!

Lots of love

Mac xxx

:love4:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Mac's Big Day

Post by Lins »

Wow Mac, what a great time you have had so far, and no doubt many years of good times to come. You are so clever at this computer thingy, I hope it's not long before you are posting some piccys of you and your new family.

Soooooo pleased for you all. Thanks for your update. :thumbup:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
labradorlover
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by labradorlover »

Wow Mac what a day you have had :1966: :1966:

Sounds like you are really happy in your forever home.
Would love to see some pictures.

Aline & Sam
Ted forever in our hearts run free our lovely boy
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

:bounce: Mac that's great news!
Really pleased that you've found your forever home with Frankie & Pippa (hmmm, lots of muddy adventures ahead so hope you get to like the big bath :1968: ). Can't wait for you to learn to put pictures on here!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

So happy for you dear Mac the last of the babies to go and kennel Sam's favourite not the prettiest of the puppies but what a character delightful.

Happy birthday to Hooman Mummy xxxx
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Well done Mac :love5:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Lovely to hear that you have found these wonderful new hoomans
Mac and a brother and sister.

Love

Pat, Zach, Jake and Yogi
x x x x
Lynn Molloy
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Lynn Molloy »

Mac's update …

Well I had a good nights sleep, having pinched my brothers bed cos Pippa wouldn't let me on our hooman's bed. But I'm still trying to get my hooman's to understand doggy telepathy for when I need a wee. Altho I'm very considerate and wee in the kitchen where it's ceramic tiles and not on the living room carpet! Does anyone have any ideas how I can make these hooman's more aware? They've not had a puppy before!!

And I also discovered that Mum doesn't consider her Ugg slippers as fair game - oops!!

I don't know how to attach pics and neither does Mum but she is posting on the Labrador Rescue Facebook page … have a look and gimme a 'like'?

We're off for a walk now - see you all later!!

Mac

:2362:
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

What a busy time you've had Mac - so many new things to see and do and a big brother and sister to show you the ropes :lol: Have fun and stick to your own dinner for now :1968:

PS Murphy says to tell you he doesn't like the bath either :2008:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

So happy to read your lovely updates Little Mac.. one day to become Big Mac? :1967:

Regarding the little accidents, a fixed toilet routine is crucial for successful house-training. Let him out first thing in the morning, immediately after feeding and as he wakes from little day-time naps also last thing at night before you go to bed. Perhaps use a command (we used 'get busy'). Lots of praise when Mac does his business outside as expected :thumbup: I reckon he'll be sorted within a week. Good luck xx
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

Well done Mac you have got off to a great start you seem to have got the main things
Don't bother your big brother let him tell you when he wants to play
Never never pinch a girlies dinner or push your luck with sniffing etc
Have a quick wee every chance you get so you don't get caught short.
If things get out of hand always make use of the tiled floor never never the carpet
Watch the girly dog and if it doesn't frighten her it need not frighten you
Keep an eye on your humans when your off lead incase they want you that way you get the treats
All of the above applied when I got a new home and a girly dog and grand dogs only I am the big brother
Good luck little one
Bracken age 12ish
Lynn Molloy
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Lynn Molloy »

Mac has read and digested all your lovely advice and gone to his bed to mull things over :snooze:

It's clearly so exhausting being that cute!!

But oh my, is he an inquisitive little man. Trying to get him to have a nap is nigh on impossible. So much to do, see and investigate :2384: … including my shoes!!!! We've had to have a 'chat' about that!

Lynn x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What great updates :thumbup:

Poor little Mac waited ages for his new home - but he has well and truly landed on all four paws, bless him.

I'm just going to take a peek at his photos... :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Aww Mac lovely updates and so glad that you have clearly landed on all 4 paws :love5:

Puppy training is harder at your age when you haven't known anything different but trust me you will soon learn with the help of your new hoomens who you can tell love you to bits already.

Lynn

Although we have had Milo & Zak from 8 week old pups Max who we fostered at 16 months old but then adopted soon learnt to follow his bruvs with play and commands like ( toilet) etc so maybe use the same words as you do with Frankie and Pippa.

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Aww Mac lovely updates and so glad that you have clearly landed on all 4 paws :love5:

Puppy training is harder at your age when you haven't known anything different but trust me you will soon learn with the help of your new hoomens who you can tell love you to bits already.

Lynn

Although we have had Milo & Zak from 8 week old pups Max who we fostered at 16 months old but then adopted soon learnt to follow his bruvs with play and commands like ( toilet) etc so maybe use the same words as you do with Frankie and Pippa.

Plus Max also learnt to run off with socks, slippers , shoes just to name a few :rofl: :rofl:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.