Adopted puppy

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Angieb76
New User
New User

Adopted puppy

Post by Angieb76 »

We were lucky enough to adopt one of the little girl pups who came into the Eccleston rescue in April. We named her Willow. We had a shaky start where Willow was a little poorly for a while, but her health is now good and she is starting to enjoy family life. She is still extremely timid and does not like strangers but is becoming more and more confident as each day passes. We are beginning to gain her trust and although it has taken a lot of persuasion she now enjoys walks in the park meeting other dogs with a waggy tail. She hasn't quite grasped toys as yet and runs away from a thrown ball, but we are sure that will come in time. She is making a much loved addition to our family. We hope all the other pups found loving homes and are doing well. I will try and upload some pictures......

Angela, Peter, Jack, Georgia and Leah. ( and Oso the cat).xx
Angieb76
New User
New User

Re: Adopted puppy

Post by Angieb76 »

I haven't been able to add pictures but will send to Glenys to add when she has time. X
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Really pleased to hear that after a shakey start Willow is now doing well. It sounds as if you are doing everything you can to help her become the happy, confident young lab she should be. My niece's black lab, Ben, was 2 when she rescued him, he'd been kept in a dark stable for those 2 years bullied by all the other dogs and abused by the owner. It took some time for him to blossom but he has had a really happy, fun filled life and learnt to enjoy toys and family life. Willow is a lot younger so I'm sure, with your loving care, she will grow in confidence and blossom too.

Joan x
Joan and George x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi Angela,
:wave: good to hear from you, I've often wondered how those six little boys and girls are progressing. Really pleased that Willow is settling into your home and learning to trust - there must be so many new things for her to learn about in the big wide world. Looking forward to hearing more and of course especially looking forward to the pictures :1939:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Lovely update on Willow. Thanks for sharing. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Hi
Thank you for your email and your update. Im so glad you have worked with Willow and her issues and glad to hear you are winning too.
These precious pups had such a poor start, they are so lucky to have found such caring wonderful homes.
Here is the gorgeous Willow :love5:
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Willow is gorgeous. Well done for giving her a fabulous new start in life and home were she is valued and precious. :bravo:

Jane and Lily
Lynn Molloy
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Lynn Molloy »

Hi Angie,
So pleased to hear Willow's update. Myself and Louise each have one of her brothers. I have named our's Mac aka Dark Destroyer and Louise has called her little man Ben. Funny you should post this update when you have as we were wondering how their siblings were getting on. Mac had a funny tummy for a couple of weeks but that's sorted now but he was scared of all things 21st century on his arrival to us. The TV was regarded by him as pure witchcraft! He was scared and confused by his own reflection and stairs were a complete mystery to him lol.

He is also very nervous of strangers and non frequent visitors being in the house and will 'alarm' bark but we're starting puppy classes on Sunday to try and combat that. But he's a happy little chappie! And he regards human's sleeping as being for wimps. We're usually woken by a well aimed paw in the face about 6am with a 'I'm starving don't ya know?' noise!!!

He's ball mad and still carts about the one he pinched when he left Glenys and Sam's. Ironically it's the only thing he hasn't wrecked!! I'm on my 3rd pair of slippers in 6 weeks … my fault for leaving temptation in his way is how Mac would justify it, I'm sure.

They all look alike, I can see so much of Ben and Mac in Willow. We've both posted pictures of them on the Lab Rescue Facebook page. I'd love to add you if you're a Facebook user so we can stay updated with each other's pup's.

Love Lynn, Frankie, Pippa-Girl and Lil Mac
:love6:
Angieb76
New User
New User

Post by Angieb76 »

I am on Facebook Lynne... Angela Butler. Do you have a link for the lab rescue FB page. Mac is gorgeous and very much like our little Willow. She has had her first couple of days of lead and has done amazingly well, very proud of our little pup! Xxx
Yvonne Walsh
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Yvonne Walsh »

What a little cutie Willow is! I love hearing about the pups and their new lives.
Yvonne (and Molly)
Lynn Molloy
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Lynn Molloy »

Hi Angie, tried to find you on Facebook. Are you the Rivington & Blackrod high school one or the Burnley one? I'll send you a request and then the link

Lynn x
Angieb76
New User
New User

Post by Angieb76 »

The Burnley one Lynn. X