Pip (Nee Pepper)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Pip (Nee Pepper)

Post by Simon »

Hi, I'm delighted to be able to add something to the site as we now have a gorgeous adoptee from the Rescue. At 6.29pm last Wednesday I scanned the Adoption page and saw that at 6.21pm Pepper (as she was) had been posted onto the site. By 6.33pm I was on the 'phone to Kathryn to organise a visit. The next day (with new dog guard and boot lining for the car), the family all set off up the M6 to meet Pepper.

Pepper decided to come home with us. So armed with bowls and blankets we set off. The journey home resulted in a name change to Pip. On arriving Pip was shown her new quarters and explored the house. Then treats of treats - a walk to the vets... The vet pronounced all well and she got a treat for just being gorgeous. Pip has only been with us for a few days,but has settled really well and loves being with people. I anticipated some bad nights, but no a true star. Pip sleeps and saves all her mess till I get up and let her out ( I know it's amazing) :) :) Pip has met our Cosmo cat - lost the battle of the hissing and knows her place.

We are thrilled with her and will post pics when I get my camera back! Thank you Lab Rescue for doing such a vital job and for Pip!!!!
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Hi Simon, glad to hear that pip has settled in so well, they soon get their paws under the table dont they, look forward to seeing some pics, jan xx
It is never too late.
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

Fantastic news simon - its very satisfying when you get a new arrival home and settled - sometimes it takes a few days, some a few weeks but others.. well its instant but it will get even better over the coming weeks and months and you will soon be well and truly wrapped around a little paw
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Simon this is lovely news I have your contact details replied to other post before seeing this thank you for offering to home check

Glenys
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Many thanks Simon and family for giving this girl a new home, and hope her and Cosmo are soon friends..! :)
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely news - had a feeling she wouldn't be without a home for long. She's grogeous
Gemma xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Happy new home Pip. You deserve it - you're lovely.
Glad that she has settled in so well.
Jackie
samsung
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by samsung »

Good luck with Pip
Our Sammy came home the same day & we have'nt looked back , he feels such a part of our family from day 1.
My nerves were on edge driving up the M6 , just hoping that Sam would take too us . i was such a bundle of nervousness forgot to pick up the new lead & treats.
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Isn't it a fantastic feeling when you arrive home with your new addition and they love it!!!! :D :D

I am so glad Pip has settled in well can't wait to see some photos!! :lol:

Gill, Meg and Maisie also adpoted from MKF in Oct 2007.

Have fun
xx
Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Simon »

Thank you all so much for your lovely words. Pip really is part of us now. Though knowing Labs, I am waiting for the first food staling/ flower eating incident to happen! Will get some pics on ASAP!!!
Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Simon »

That should have been stealing!!!! Sorry typoitus!
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

That's lovely news to hear Simon. It sounds like Pip was the one for you. How happy she must be to be with you. It's funny when dogs and cats meet up but as you say cats are the boss in most homes - my Tomos certainly is! It will be great to see some photographs of her as she progresses. I spent a while last night looking through the photos of little Buddie and it is so good to remember how he was when we got him. Looking forward to yours!!! :)
Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Simon »

At last a picture of Pip in her new home. Pip actually moved her cushion into position, I think she felt safer there!

She has her serious face on! More smiley pics to follow

Simon
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Lovely Simon many thanks... :)
lowkal

Post by lowkal »

looking forward to smiley pics... :lol: