Big Monty

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Big Monty

Post by LabRes1 »

A Message from Montys mum

Monty is doing well. During his first two days with us we had what seemed to be non-stop dog humping!!! It was Sadie mounting him and it nearly drove me to despair. That passed and they quietened down. On the Monday, we took him to our vet and he weighed in at 60.4 kg (Sadie is 26 kg). We have kept him on the Hill's RD and a week later, he was weighed again and lost 1.5 kg...nearly 3 lbs.

He has had to get used to our routine of walking before eating. He gets a walk around a big block and dropped back off at the house while Sadie goes on her marathons...Monty will be able to join us on more adventurous walks when he loses more weight and his fitness improves. Also, he has certainly been spoilt in his past life... he may not be able to jump into the car but he can get on the sofa when we are not looking and looks at home there. We evict him off though. He has also learned to wait before starting his meal... and will allow me to lift his bowl mid meal. He has accepted us as his new pack leaders and is happy. He certainly has a lively personality.

Hopefully i will be able to post messages on the site but I also hope to put some photos of him and Sadie on her myspace page.

Take care for now,
Michelle
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Great to hear he's losing the weight and settling in so well
Gemma
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Hopefully Montys Mum will be updating us soon on his progress,look forward to the pictures... :)
Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Simon »

That is great news. Monty certainly looked a character. We also have a recent adoptee who was used to the sofa!!

look forward to seeing the slimming Monty.

Simon & Pip
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

I am sure that Monty will do just as well as Minni.

Any help I can give I am more than happy and look forward to seeing pics and regular updates.
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Great news about Monty!! :lol:

Glad he is settling in to your routine. :D

Gill Meg and Maisie
xxx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Very glad to hear that Monty is settling in well.
Jackie
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Good News! :)
He sounds such a character :D Looking forward to hearing and seeing his pics

Love Alison & Rosie XXX