Jack's 3rd Gotcha Day!

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nesslabs

Jack's 3rd Gotcha Day!

Post by Nesslabs »

Three years ago on 5th May we made the long drive down from Inverness to Chorley to adopt 8 month old Jack from Ireland. We celebrated this anniversary by climbing Meall na Teanga near Spean Bridge. At this point Jack is busy sniffing out smells in the woods while Tess checks out the path ahead.

Then he's called to pulling duty to help my pal Moira up the path. He's very good at this.

Here's Anthony and the dogs waiting for the girls to catch up. The big mountain in the background is Ben Nevis.

Jack at the top

When people open rucksacks on hills it means food. Standing close to them gently wagging the tail usually does the trick.

Jack and Tess got a carrot each for being such good dogs.

As you see we got a stunning day for the climb. Jack has progressed so far from his first hill when he disappeared for 20 minutes chasing mountain hares and spent the rest of the walk on the lead. Both dogs did brilliantly and are now in training for Ben Nevis.

Kathleen
Last edited by Nesslabs on 20 May 2008, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

It doesnt seem three years time doesnt pass quickly.
What a great home Jack found such a difference from his beggining.
Thank you for sharing the fabulous photos and giving such a great home to the dogs and your kind support for rescue as well.

Glenys
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Lovley pics again Kathleen what beautiful scenery we have in this country..more pics for the calendar... :wink:
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

3 years - where does the time go???

Stunning photos :D
Carolyn
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Stunning photos!!!! Lovely scenery and beautiful dogs. :D :D What more could you ask for!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie

xxx
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Stunning views, & 2 stunning dogs, they are so lucky to live in your part of the country.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Wow beautiful dogs - here's to many many more happy years!!
Gemma xx
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Another great story with stunning views. They certainly had a grand day out!
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Must have missed this one. Absolutely beautiful photos of dogs and scenery! What a lucky boy he was to find you.

Jackie xx
samsung
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by samsung »

Wonderfull day out & what views .
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Great pictures Kathleen. Beautiful dogs.

Axx
miaelisa

Post by miaelisa »

Happy gotcha day, Jack! I remember when he came over from Ireland, he was a stray wasn't he? And now, he has this lovely life with you and your loving family and a sister as well. And all the climbing in beautiful Scotland. It brings tears to my eyes. Thank you, Kathleen for giving him all this!

Love Mia xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

True Mia he has been a very lucky boy the Ladies in Ireland are delighted to see photos like this it makes them see a reward for their hard work and we are proud to work with them

Glenys x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Beautiful photos, Stunning Dogs and what scenery.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Nesslabs

Post by Nesslabs »

Hi there Mia! I don't know what Jack's background in Ireland was. I suspect he had been let out the door to do his own thing as he wouldn't walk nicely on lead :? and was constantly taking off in hunting mode :shock: . (Not that the bold lad ever caught anything other than a baby rook and a rather startled hedgehog - both of which remained totally unharmed!)

He always had the most gorgeous nature and we just kept plugging away with the training and now have a dog we can confidently take anywhere off lead (except near a field of sheep - I still wouldn't risk that).

You're right about his wee sister. She keeps him on his toes and tells him off if he doesn't recall quickly enough! During the 7 months before we went back to MKF for Tess he got distressed if we left him home alone and did a lot of damage trying to get out. But having her company has changed that and since she came the only 'damage' has been him opening utility room door, pulling food sack down and them gorging themselves!

We're planning to climb one of the Cairngorms on Sat so here's hoping this wonderful weather holds. There might just be more mountain/doggie pics in the pipeline! The family gave me a new camera for my 60th so there's no holding me now!!

Hope your two wee girls (human and non human variety) are both thriving!

Kathleen x