Visit to the Vet and the nice lady

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hazel
Senior User
Senior User

Visit to the Vet and the nice lady

Post by Hazel »

we had Gus for many happy years he was a laid back dog sat quietly in the waiting room and sat on the scales when invited.
He also loved cats any colour any type as we had at home a half Manx tortoiseshell who was his soul mate.
Then 4 years ago we adopted/purchased a dog off the internet.
He is lovely but so hyper especially at the vets. He really is not into cats or anything that ain't a dog.
He tries to kiss the vet,jumps on the scales,asks for biscuits and says boo to all the other clients...aargh.
I was proud of him this week,yes he did have to be bribed to be weighed,made amorous kissing noises to the vet...
But when a lovely lady brought a deceased cat in to be scanned he sat down and put his head down reverently.
He stayed in this posture for some time but I was very proud of him and the lady who had brought the cat in(I think she had found it in the road) told him what a well behaved dog he was and gave him a cuddle. He has a delightful nature but can really make one realise that the animal that dances,pinches your dinner sometimes...has a heart of gold :2799: Hazel and Kim :love2:
Hazel
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Visit to the Vet and the nice lady

Post by Hazel »

Sorry if I have put this n the wrong area but I have been struggling for two days to post anything as the site looks different.
Sorry
Hazel :cry3:
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Aawwww he could obviously sense something wasn't right

Our beautiful babies are so special.

Coco is so mischievous I really don't think anyone believe's how much so unless they have seen it for themselves...... I used to panic every time she went trotting off and looked at me as if to say hang on a minute woman when I called her back :-)

I don't panic so much now as long as I can see her.... Kinder on the other hand I don't even get to "der" and she is sat in front of me waiting for a treat.:-)

Big hug to Kim for being so good and Thankyou for answering my question I wondered about the new look of the site as mine is the same......:-)
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Hazel
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Hazel »

I am beginning to get used to the new blue site now but it was a bit of a shock at first.
Kim has started barking as usual at the local cats when they stray up our drive as it sets the security lights off .
The geese have been flapping off over the rooftops to goodness knows where so that involves a bit of a bark and it's obviously nearly breakfast time so it's on with the dressing gown then a dancing doggy time to round up anything that moves in the garden and tea and toast for me..
What a nice life... :686:
Hazel and Kim
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

It is amazing how much animals take in and adjust their behaviour........although having said that I think most of us who are dog owners know that there is more to our friends than people realise, they are not as dumb as people think they are!
Jackie x