Chester Update 2008

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ChesterYorkshire

Chester Update 2008

Post by ChesterYorkshire »

Chester update

In July 2006 I came across an advert on your site for a fourteen week old Labrador called Chester who required a new home. I did promise to give you updates on his progress.

Chester arrived as the new kid on the block in our family, since his arrival things have never been the same.

He is a bundle of joy, who has developed some very bad habits , I.e eating rabbits

Barking for no apparent reason.

Chester is obedient when he feels like it, if there is a good scent of a rabbit or food about he seems to forget the commands he knows.

Chester has been known to make himself comfortable on the furniture, although when you tell him to move he does move.

Chester enjoys going out for two good walks a day, eating well and being made a fuss of.

Our vets bill have been rather large as he ripped his testicles whilst jumping the barbed wire in an attempt to catch a rabbit. (It was a pity he did this after he had been seen to)

My Christmas present last year consisted of four wooden spoons which were bought to replace the ones he has stolen. He has already eaten two of this years stock.

We are strict about Chester’s diet , after trying various food we have settled for Burns, as there is not to much protein in this food. At two years old Chester weighs twenty four kilo’s and looks in peak physical condition.

Chester is extremely hard work, very demanding. He is always investigating smells or noises. He has made lots of doggie friends in his new home, although he has a number of ASBO’s against him for his anti social behaviour. Chester does not understand what is wrong with eating dog poo, stealing other dogs balls and not returning them etc.

I think if anybody is thinking that getting a lab for a pet is an easy option they are sadly mistaken. Chester has brought us lots of happiness, it is difficult to imaging what life would be like without Chester as he is such a character.

As Chester has brought us so much fun we have decided to be part time careers for for a guide dog for the blind puppy this addition will arrive in September. I can not wait to see the devastation Chester and puppy cause when they go shopping in Tesco’s? Once again thanks very much for letting us rehome Chester, we have added some pics to show how badly treated he is.

Bye for now

Chester and family

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/ASBODOG/Chester/
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Hello and welcome Chester and his family. Your story did make me laugh :lol: I think you should loan Chester out to anyone thinking about having a Lab as a pet, there would be far less Labs needing re-homing! Loved his pictures, he looks so cute, can't believe he has got up to all those antics he looks a complete angel :angel4:

Good luck with the puppy sitting, you will have your hands full come the Autumn! You will have to keep us all up to speed.

Jackie x
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Well he looks to be a real cutie. He's as good as gold in all those photos. I won't let Buddie see the beautiful red cushions he is allowed to sleep on though. :D

Great fun having a lab isn't it?? :roll:
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks for the update on chester and you are right a young lab is VERY hard work if only more people would realise this maybe there wouldnt be as many in Rescue,but eventually they do settle down, but if you put in the hard work your rewards come along later with a well behaved and well mannered dog....good luck with your puppy walking in September...
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

This all sounds very familiar, :lol: i've got one just like him, (havent we all) lol

jan xx
It is never too late.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Glad to receive update on Chester and your commitment to him.

Glenys x
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Familiar antics here as well :roll:
He's quite a character! :D It gets a bit easier as they get older (tho they can still surprise you :shock: )
Your love for him shines thro

love Alison & Rosie (Lancs) XXX
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

What a beautiful boy Chester is and sounds quite a character!!!!! :D :D

Labs are both hard work and a joy to have!!!!! It is true they do eventually settle down but it is a pity nobody told Meg until she was about 8yrs old!!!!!! :) :)

Cracking story with lovely photos really enjoyed it!!!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie.

xxxxxxxxxxx
Laura

Post by Laura »

kathryn wrote:Thanks for the update on chester and you are right a young lab is VERY hard work if only more people would realise this maybe there wouldnt be as many in Rescue,but eventually they do settle down, but if you put in the hard work your rewards come along later with a well behaved and well mannered dog....good luck with your puppy walking in September...
i have been very lucky with my 9 month old lab oscar. he hasnt been hard work at all, so laid back, not chewed a thing in sight, easy to train etc. maybe its because hes never been left and has had soooo much attention.
as oscar has been so great im looking for a friend for him i just hope the next one is just as good!!
samsung
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by samsung »

Great photo's & welcome
Like it's been said before " we just love them "

Sammy the water rat ( who stole a fisherman's curry in the park yesterday )
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

I thougt you were doing a write up of Balee. He was so well behaved at the dog training classes, but as soon as he was away from the training field - that is another story. At some stage I have got to have my wedding ring cut of after one his - I am having that squirrel??? As he has damaged my finger. Would not change him though. (or would I will have to think about it).

:D :D :D
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Kath, Bale is just full of character... :D