Ella's first Gotcha Day

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bessiebunches
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Ella's first Gotcha Day

Post by bessiebunches »

What can I say it just 12 months since we got the call from Glenys to say Ella (was Beth) was on her way from Ireland and did we still want to see her.
John and I had been off work on holiday and waiting for a call all week, so you can guess what the reply was, John was like a naughty child asking me all week "when would Ella be at Glenys's?, Had Glenys called?
when would she be here? when could we pick her up?"
When Glenys called ti say she was in transit we were on pin's waiting for her to be collected and in situ at MKF. As soon as Glenys said we could go up we where in the car and traveling, we were both very excited, ( you all know that feeling).
When she came out of the kennel she was in very poor condition, she was thin, her coat was bear in places along her spine, she was badly scared as you all know, and it was obvious she had had puppies recently. Glenys said you don't have to take her if you don't want her. How could we not want her, we had fallen for her already with the picture Glenys had sent us before she was even over here.

This was the first Photo Glenys sent to us of Ella

She came over to us, she had a ball in her mouth and wanted to play, she has the most amazing eyes, through wich you can see her loving soul. She is the most wonderful gentle dog, (unless you know on our door) goodness knows what terrible ordeals she has been through. The way she is with the children is so wonderful, she adores children even our Stan! :spiderman: who is a wirlwind child and if Georgs sits on the floor she will go and lie over his legs. She still would run aways if she was off the lead but we believe its only 'cause she has lived a roaming life at some time, and had to fend for herself and her puppies.

She has many funny habits, she will drag the bean bag across the room to sit on it, if I have put it away in the corner, but she won't push a door open it is as if she is afraid of what lies behind the door. We have put her toys (what left of them) in an unused Shredder Bin, she picks up the bin and carries it around the house :lol: she sometimes trys to shake it as if it is also a toy :lol: She carries her teddy around in her mouth even though the poor thing is now nearly fully disembowled. She follows John and myself everywhere, she loves human contact. She has never done any damage to anything in the house, (except her own toys, isn't that what they are for)

We look forward to her life with our family. We hope with time the memories of her past will fade and she will become less stressed by strangers. We spoil her, and hug her all the time, we love her millions and she is so precisous to us. John said the other day, "she is the perfect dog."

This is Ella in her favourite hiding place in the garden (Stanley say's Ellla is in the Jungle :lol: )

Glenys and gang, we thank you for allowing us to have Ella in our lives and for the fantastic work you do, and for the matching families and dogs together.

People ask how old she is ( possibly about 3 Yrs) we feel she is 1 on the 31st of May as that is the day we collected her from MKF and for us that is when her life started with us and hopfully she feels that is when she really got a life

Happy Gotcha Day Ella, you are our treasure and we love you millions darlin' from Mum & Dad xxx Lick Lick Lick

Image Image Image Image
Love Light and Reiki Blessings

Gail

xx
Image www.back2healing.co.uk
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

HAPPY GOTCHA/BIRTHDAY ELLA

love from jan billy paddy & aoife

I just know you are going to have an amazing day, bless you sweetheart you deserve it.

It is never too late.
Nesslabs

Post by Nesslabs »

It's lovely to hear how well Ella has come on since you got her. Her coat is so shiny now! We adopted a little black girl called Beth but our two year old grandson couldn't say Beth so changed her name to Tess. They seem to cope with a name change no problem at all - new life, new name.

Kathleen, Jack & Tess x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a lovely end to the story. She has turned into a a real beauty.
Happy gotcha day Ella.
Jackie
Last edited by jackiem on 30 May 2008, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Many thanks to you Gail & John, for giving her a lovely new home,we cant imagine what these Irish dogs go through and then to come over here and get lovely, loving homes it the best feeling ever...

Happy Gotcha Day Ella..... :D
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

Oh my word - what a story !

:love1: HAPPY GOTCHA DAY ELLA :love1: you are GORGEOUS !

I'm so glad that you've found your forever home which you SO deserve special girl.

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

It's tears here as well.
Tears of sorrow for what she had to go thro :cry:
Then tears of happiness for her new lovely life and home :)

She is an extra special,beautiful girl. I know she's loved and treasured and looked after by you both. A perfect ending to a sad tale.

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY/GOTCHA DAY LOVELY ELLA :occasion6:

Love Alison & Rosie(Lancs) XXX
natty

Post by natty »

This is so nice to celebrate an occasion such as this and any other "gotcha days"
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

Flipping heck is it a year since you got Ella :D

You have done wonders with her Gail and John - she is beautiful, you should be so proud of how she has come on.

Happy gotcha day Ella :occasion6:

xxx
Carolyn
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you Gail and John for homing Ella I remember that original photo she looked so lost and unsure you gave her a new life .
So Happy Fisrt Birthday Ella heres to many more.

xxx
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

I can't believe it's the same dog! What wonders you have performed. She is one very lucky dog indeed. You must be so very proud of her. :D :D :D :D

Happy First Gotcha Day to Ella!
dogspaw
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by dogspaw »

Happy Gotcha Day/Birthday, Ella.
Sorry I am a day late, but I know your Mum and Dad are both so proud of you. You are a beautiful girl, enjoy your new life. Love from Jill, Morgan and Jazz xx
bessiebunches
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by bessiebunches »

thank you for all your kind wishes

I have been up since about 5.30, been to asda, bought her pressies. she is now in the process of trying to eat a foot long fluffy duck. she has flea'd it numerous times and she will not put it down in case someone else gets it. " I bet she was wonderful with her puppies" :angel13:

Thanks again and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy this fab weather.

Love & Light
Gail
Love Light and Reiki Blessings

Gail

xx
Image www.back2healing.co.uk
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Gail, what a difference in Ella from that first photo.
Happy gotcha day beautiful girl. Glad to hear mum and dad are spoiling you; you deserve it.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
AnotherGenie

Post by AnotherGenie »

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY ELLA

:blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:

What a fantastic story,well done everybody it's what makes the rescue so worthwhile :D