Training for the big one

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nesslabs

Training for the big one

Post by Nesslabs »

On Saturday we headed back to Loch Laggan to climb Beinn a'Chlachair which you can see in this pic I took 7 weeks ago when there was more snow.

Once again we stopped for a breather at the beach at Lochan na h-Earba.

Moira, Evelyn and Linda tucking in and Tess with her obligatory stone, our hill looming up behind.

It was a long walk up the stalker's path, then a bit of vertical scrambling on to the ridge and a long steady climb to the summit. I'd tweaked a back muscle the day before so it was taking all my concentration to get up there and I forgot to take the usual summit photos of Jack and Tess. But I remembered when we started the descent and called them in for a photo shoot, a matter on which they humour me with great patience! The first shows the difference in their characters - Jack the clown and Tess the princess.

About to drop down from the ridge (the beach we're heading back to in the distance). Campers at the beach were cooking sausages and Jack made a beeline for them but surprisingly did an immediate U turn when I whistled. All in all it was a great day out and the dogs coped very well with the rocky terrain.

The top of Ben Nevis when friends were up this time last year. If they hadn't told me when it was I'd have guessed it was February! :shock:

Many thanks for all the sponsor donations coming in - you're all very generous! :)

Kathleen x
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Kathleen, you're a gutsy Lady! and put me to shame :oops:

Fantastic scenery and beautiful dogs :) I hope you're soon better

love Alison & Rosie (Lancs) XXX
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Good luck Kathleen, I hope your back is ok now, the scenery is absolutely stunning, makes me wish i was there.

jan xx
It is never too late.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Good luck Kathleen - not that you will need it you must be a fit as a fiddle. Amazing that the picture taken this time last year, look at all that snow :shock: Scenery is stunning.

Jackie x
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

Seeing your photos, Kathleen - I wish I lived in Scotland!

It's a fantastic thing you're doing, best of luck!

Joan
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Brilliant photos, Kathleen. Your dogs are amazing - especially Jack doing a u turn from the cooking sausages!!! Buddie would have eaten the lot and asked questions later! :D Lovely scenery a bit like Snowdonia. Buddie and I might climb Snowdon one day - Ha ha!!! :lol:
natty

Post by natty »

Brilliant pictures ,brilliant dogs ,brilliant you.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Best of luck kathleen and thank you for what you are doing for us

Glenys xx