Ruby & Benson

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ruby & Benson

Post by LabRes1 »

Hi Glenys,

Benson (previously Ben) is great - he's 3 in a couple of weeks. He is my cuddly lad who loves me sitting on the floor and giving non stop strokes and loves.

Becky who we renamed Ruby is brilliant. She's now 7 months and apart from chewing my lino is no bother at all She has grown soo much and is strong as an ox but that's becasue she loves to play, play and play. Her and Benson are inseperable and just last week we had them at the beach and she loved it. She has no fear of the water and just jumped in - wasn't sure how to swim at first but of course realised straight away that if you move your legs you stay on top of the water!

She is still on her 3 meals a day although subsidises that with jumping up and trying to clean the plates after tea she still learning but such a character she just makes us laugh at her antics.

She is great with recall and walking on the lead is coming along well. Not quite got "fetch" but that is probably because Benson chases and sometimes gets there first!

She still has her wee blue bed but does pinch Benson's most of the time as it is fury so we have a new one ordered for her as she loves to cuddle in. Whilst not doggie correct she also has her seat on the sofa which when taken by someone else isn't a problem as she just sits on top of them.....

I couldn't be without her, she has fitted in well with the family and Benson and is such a joy to be with.

I hope her previous family are well and please reassure them that she is fine and in her element with her new buddy. I am more than happy for you to share my update and have also attached the photos for you to pass on.

I again thank you for bringing us together with Ruby and Benson and praise the good work that you and the Rescue do for all the dogs that come in to your care.

take care, speak soon.

Nic + Family
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

:) Lovely
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Brilliant update 2 very happy dogs. Lovely pictures
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely to see and hear how Benson and Ruby are doing Nic. May bump into you at some point!

Jackie x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Wonderful pictures and it is lovely to hear that the two are getting on so well.
Jackie
natty

Post by natty »

Gorgeous, gorgeous dogs worth so much more than the lino :lol:

love to see a picture of Ruby "claiming her place" on the sofa :)
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely to get updates-especially whe it's so obvious that they happy.
Gemma xx