CHARLIE

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Alison B

CHARLIE

Post by Alison B »

It's just over a week ago since we adopted Charlie :love7:
What can I say? He's such a lovely Boy. a BIG gentle giant. He's settling in really well, and getting on with Rosie (she's the boss tho :) )

It's going a lot better than I thought it would, and they are adjusting to each other beautifully. I'm trying to keep Rosie's routine exactly the same, and so far it's working well-no jealousy what-so-ever between them.

Charlie's a good Boy, and has been admired wherever we've been. He's good on a lead and off it too :) The other night I was talking to my neighbour and he just lay down and never budged at all :)

People think because he's so big, he's older than he is-he's only 16 months-but sooo calm and laid back. Yet he loves to play-just like a pup :P

He follows me everywhere, but he's starting to relax and I think he knows that this is his forever home :) He's had a lot of upheaval in the last month or so, but i think he knows we love him lots and he's safe here.

I'm getting a new camera soon. So hopefully will be able to show my two off to you all very soon. :)

Thank you Glenys, for allowing us to adopt Charlie and for letting him be part of our family

love Alison,Rosie & Charlie (Lancs) XXX
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

lovely to hear that charlie is settling so well alison, really looking forward to the pics.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

You are welcome so glad Charlie has become a precous part of your lovley family xx
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Great to hear Charlie has settled in so well.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Is the Charlie the young black Lab that was in around a week ago? I have to admit he caught my eye (and I mustn't look!) he looked a lovely boy. So pleased you have taken him Alison so we can follow his progress and I am pleased he has settled with you. Look forward to seeing the photo's.

Jackie x
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Glad that Charlie is settled in so well. Looking forward to seeing some photos! :D
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Wonderful!!!!! :D :D What a lucky boy!! I can't remember Charlie but then again there seems to have been so many recently I will try and have a look back at his post.

So glad that he is settling in nicely.

Love Gill, Meg and Maisie

xxxxxxxx
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely to hear Charlie's so settled already. :lol: :lol:
Gemma xx
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks alison for giving Charlie a lovely new home,nice to get good feedback.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Alison, Just had to go and look for the picture and write up of Charlie. He looks and sounds absolutley wonderful. I think he is very lucky dog, and you are a very lucky family to have found such a dog. Pleased Rosie has got a playmate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Hi Alison
I am so pleased to hear that Charlie has such a good home and that he and Rosie are getting on so well. I hope that you will all be very happy together.
Jackie
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Yes Charlie is the young BIG Black Boy! :) (Charlie- 1, July slideshow)

He's very handsome! :love7: Well, I think so- but I'm his Mum :) so I'm rather biased!

I keep telling them- I've a pretty little Old girl, and a handsome Big lad :love8:

love Alison,Rosie & Charlie (Lancs) XXX
aliandwills

Post by aliandwills »

Fantastic news.
Hope you will all be very happy together for a long time to come.
Looking forward to pics.
Alison xx
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

That's great news, Charlie is a lucky boy. Looking forward to seeing some photos,

Joan, Maxie and Twiglet