Zena

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jule

Zena

Post by jule »

:sunny: We are delighted to be helping Zena settle in to her new home. It was sad and lovely to read the cards her first family sent. It must have been so hard to part with her. Sometimes she has a bit of a faraway look in her eyes and we tell her that they really loved her and she says she knows, she understands. We've put the photos they sent and the cards on the mantlepiece along with a picture of our last lab.

She's been for a few short walks and done a lot of sniffing and tail wagging. She's already had a visitor eager to meet her and news is spreading. I threw sticks into the canal for her but she just looked up at me disdainfully as if to say "are you barking mad?" answer- "yes, of course,". Maybe she didn't swim before. At home, She's been very peaceful and restful and moves between sofas and her bed, but of course checks us out when we move.She stared at Clifford the Chinchilla and even gave him a bark or two. He waggled his whiskers and hooted and they seem to have sussed each other out for now.

Old Softie fed her the last little bit of a pizza which made her a little bit sick later, so dog food only now. At the moment she's sleeping and snoring on the sofa. I've been canvassing friends about best vets and have decided so will make an appointment tomorrow to check if she has a bit of arthritis and also get her curly toenails sorted and book her in for hydrotherapy if recommended. Rescue insurance cover note didn't work because of her age, so again been researching and will sort out tomorrow.

Tomorrow Old Softie will take her up to the pet shop "The Woof Stuff" where she can meet Gina, human source of all local animal knowledge and Benson a stray black lab who wandered in and wisely decided to make his home there, so she can get all the latest gossip from him. I'll find that safe place I put the charger for my camera in and then I can take some pictures to post, Bye and snores for now, Julie, Cliffie, Ken and Xena.
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Zena

Post by benjiesmum »

Lovely! Sounds like she is settling in nicely. :thumbright:
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Zena sounds as though she is well and truly settling in and that she has a lovely caring home with you.
Jackie
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

How wondeful!! :bounce: :bounce:

Lovely :cheers: :cheers:

Gill, Meg and Maisie

xxx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Great news to start the day
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Great news thanks for the update.. :)
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely she sounds like she really fell on all paws! Would love to see some pics!
Gemma x
natty

Post by natty »

A new home WITH PIZZA :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: i hope she settle soon
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

What a lovely update, I am pleased she is settled well and she has found a fantastic new family. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Jackie x
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Great news about Zena. Would love to see some photos.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

So pleased Zena has settled in so well in her lovely new home. Pics would be great. :bounce:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

When I had to insure an older dog I found More Than came up best. They paid out with no trouble when ever I made a claim.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )