Willow

Lovingly known as wheelydog - Willow had a spinal injury and used a frame with wheels in place of her back legs. Hydrotherapy, a loving home and one year later she is walkig without her frame and continies to improve

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Willow

Post by Glenys »

Perhaps everyone would like to check on Willows story now complete with new pics its quite a tearjjerker.

http://www.homealabrador.net/happyendings/willow.php
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

such a happy ending, i hope willow continues to improve, you can see the happiness in her face, thanks to everyone involved in her care and especially to her new family for giving her a new life.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Aileen please thank the pupils for their kindness to willow.
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Such great news--- the kids will be delighted :D I am over the moon!! :D
I shall certainly pass on your thanks, Glenys. The next £30 cheque was posted to you today. Please use it as you see fit.
Maybe a big juicy bone for Ross to help make up for his long wait :(
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

WOW!!! How wonderful are those people!!!!

So, so glad Willow is now with her new family. She looks so happy. She is a credit to all who have been involved with her recovery.

Well done to you all!!! You make me feel quite humble!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

What a happy girl... it's truly amazing how resilient dogs are and how much they'll go through with a smile on their faces.

Brilliant to see such a happy ending for this girl - she truely desrves it!!
Gemma xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

I'm so happy for Willow. Her new labby friends seem as though they have really taken to her. What better home could we all have wished for for the lovely Willow!
Well done to all who have brought her this far in her recovery and for finding her this wonderful home.
Just going to dab the tears away now.
Jackie
Lucy
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Willow

Post by Lucy »

It is a great ending and what a wonderful home 8)
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I think its one of those little miracles :) and a set of circumstances call it fate.
Originally The Vet nurse from the Animal Hospital in Liverpool rang me about her they had taken Willow to their hearts..... the nurses all clubbed together to buy her the wheels to help her walk,then they in fact always kept in contact with us Ian put the appeal on, people helped to sponsor her swimming sessions ..... the Nurses were fabulous people
They came up with a foster home who were fantastic....by then we were really racing against time as the foster home was only a short term fix then a massive quirk of fate a Veterinary Nurse saw Wllows story on this site and told her new employers (the new family) and they offered her a home.
Even in my many years of rescue experience this has to be one of THE great examples of dogs lovers being brought together by teamwork and dedication and love of dogs.
I want to also mention Ian here who I can only say has the finger on the pulse all the time regarding this site ask and its done if not imedietley then sooner :) he is like a whirlwind and the appeals are there and people love to see the result of their giving and this is made possible by Ians dedication to our rescue.
So thank you to everyone (sorry not great on names senior thingy :wink: ) Nurses,Fosterers,new family ,and our wonderful kind supporters who are always so caring and genrously kind.

Glenys xxx
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Well said Glenys :D :D :D

Love Alison & Rosie (Lancs) XXX
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I am thrilled for Willow, things couldn't have worked out better for this girl. I was really quite worried when I first heard about her story and wondered how things would turn out for her........this outcome was something I never expected. It is just wonderful.

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I will confess here that when I first got the call I thought it would be an impossible task but am so glad that I was proved wrong.

I am so very lucky to have support of a great team and wonderful supporters who usually trust me to make big decisions like I do and really with all the nurses working and helping her and the foster family it all came together,we were just all cogs in a wheel

Someone up there must like us :wink:
Lucy
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Willow

Post by Lucy »

Is there an update on how Willow is getting on ?

Lucy
xx