never good news these days

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

never good news these days

Post by mcca »

Hi everyone
Since we lost jess well actually before as they were both poorly together Malcolm (hubby) has been getting steadily worse the bad back he has had since his 30,s was giving severe pain and pain killers were not really helping
The oncologist looking after his cancer referred him to the back man direct and he had an MRI scan the results of which showed the cancer was pressing against his spinal cord this was also affecting his bodily functions so he has been in a bad way

the op was done on wednesday it took 8 hours and his spine has been decompressed and his back stabilised he can move his legs and arms so some of it has gone well and the danger of imminent paralasis has been averted however the surgeon has said he couldnt get all the cancer out so he will still have to cope with that but then he has been coping with that for 10 years
Now he has to get back on his feet and learn to walk again

We lost our Bracken last summer and nothing has gone right since them just one trauma after another and no LAB in situ to cuddle never mind perhaps one day

anne and the gang at the bridge
labradora
Senior User
Senior User

Re: never good news these days

Post by labradora »

Dear Anne and Malcolm,
I was so sorry to read of your latest setback. I wish Malcolm strength to continue his recovery, and Anne strength to keep going, in spite of everything. I pray that one day another lovely Lab will find its way to you, to enjoy the love and care shared by Jess and Bracken.
Sending healing and positive thoughts and prayers, :love3:
Linda xxx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Anne and Malcolm

Sorry to hear your sad predicament and wishing Malcolm all the best in his brave fight.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know and from your friends here healing thought and prayers xxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Dear Anne and Malcolm, I also want to wish you both all the very best. If anybody needs a break and a stroke of good luck, it's you two.

Bucket loads of positive and healing thoughts coming your way from us.

Thanks for posting. :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Thinking of you both and hoping things turn a corner soon. :bighug:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Post by broadhorizons29 »

So sorry to read your news. Sometimes it all comes in a cluster doesn't it? Prayers coming your way for a change in fortunes.

Take care.
Love Lin and Oscar
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Dear Ann & Malcolm, sending lots of healing thoughts your way and hoping things improve for you soon. xxx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Sorry to hear your news Anne, I hope Malcolm makes a speedy recovery and maybe they can do something about the bit of tumour that they couldn't remove. You cetainly haven't had an easy time and it is such a shame that you don't have a Lab to cuddle at the moment it would really be of benefit to you and Malcolm.

Thinking of you all.

Jackie x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Hi Anne,

Just catching up. I'm sorry to hear the latest on Malcolm. You certainly have had it in bucketloads of late.

I hope Malcolm recovers soon. A Labrador cuddle would do you the world of good, and if I lived nearer I'd be straight round with our two. Given time, and when Malcolm gets better - who knows, you may well have another loveiy Labrador in your life....something for you to focus on.

Meanwhile, look after yourself and you know that we're all here for you. Xxx :love3: :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Dear Anne and Malcolm,

Sending lots of healing and positive thoughts to Malcolm as he recovers from his surgery and his rehabilitation. :love3: :love3:

:bighug: To you both.

Kay.xx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh Anne, I'm sorry that things have been difficult for you and Malcolm and hope that he is feeling a bit more comfortable each day.
Thinking of you both and sending very best wishes and positive healing thoughts to you both,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Dear both,

So sorry things have been so difficult, what a terrible time you have had and are going through. You deserve some luck so am sending it by the bucket load. I also hope you can enjoy a labrador cuddle in the future, as you say nothing finer to put a smile on your face and forget your troubles.

Take care :love3: :love3:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear of Malcolm's setback and hope he is now recovering well. Healing thoughts to you both. xx
Jackie
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Anne and Malcolm, I am so sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment,.. Sending healing thoughts to Malcolm and praying that the op
is a success. Big Hugs to you both. :bighug:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )