Beautiful gentle Nell

Remember your beloved friend at this special time of year

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Beautiful gentle Nell

Post by Glenys »

With sadness and heartache we had to let our Girl go yesterday this battle could not be won.
Nell came into our lives as a puppy she became a show dog and was well known we saw her First in her class at Crufts but first and foremost always a beloved pet. Shelley was ten when we got her and grew up with her ,then a Mum herself now her babies have been loved by Nell and My young granddaughter Annie.
She loved the babies and they were a terrific food source something Nell loved too was food ,she was an ace bin raider and stealer of pears when they fell off the trees.
Most of all she was all that we want and desire and a true Labrador Classic looking, Kind , Gentle never put a paw wrong.
Our hearts are broken now and will always be but we have the most wonderful memories the last time we were at the caravan Sam thought we had burglars but no it was Nell raiding the cupboards in the kitchen as Ive said a typical lab.

Its been a sad year first Gollie now Nell and not much time left for Patty Pug a testing time for any dog lover the poem below was written last time at the Van I had no idea it would be her last time there.

Night Night God bless and see you on the other side xxx

Old Girl

I’m an old girl now I need you to know at times I can't walk quite as fast as you go

My mind tends to wonder but I'm quite delighted to be sniffing and ambling away

It suits me just fine and I'm very happy whilst the young dogs just run off and play

Remembering years when I was much younger Exploring paths and fields on the way
Enjoying the journeys we travelled together Making adventures we shared everyday

Now that I'm old I love nothing more
Than to take each new day in my stride
And should I be slower, no need to hurry I am just happy to be by your side

I simply ask that you love me forever
Even when I am no longer here
Treasure the memories we created together and I thank you for each precious year

G fryer copyright
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Beautiful gentle Nell

Post by kayj »

Dear Glenys ,Sam and Family,

So very sorry to hear of your loss of Nell.

Thinking of you at this very sad time. :love3: :love3: . Your poem is beautiful.

Run free at the bridge dear Nell ,reunited with Gollie. :love2:

Kay.xx
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Dear Glenys and Sam

Your poem brought tears to my eyes so true and so beautiful. Thinking of you with love and sending
Caring Thoughts

With Love

Pat xx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh Glenys, you have me in tears again.

That picture of Nell is my all time favourite and your lovely poem could have been written for Molls Dolls.

There seems to be a lot of sadness for our members to date so, anybody that needs one, please help yourself.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Oh, Glenys and Sam, I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your beloved Nell. What a character she was. My last memory of her was coming out your porch to play with Annie on the day we came down to see Stan. Annie gave Stan a definite 'paws down', but when Nell came out Annie and she were all over one another and off into the field to play. Such a gentle, sweet girl with Annie. You will be heartbroken.....what a dreadful year it's been for us. I am sending you loads of love and hugs.
Run free sweet Nell, darling girl. xx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

So sorry, thinking of you at this sad time :love3:

Run free sweet Nell :love2:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

I am sad to read this about sweet Nell. She was a good example of what labradors should be and I am sure will be sorely missed by you all. Sending big hugs all round particularly to Pat the pug who must be lost.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Glenys & Sam
I am so very very sorry about Nell, what a dreadful time you are having, I feel so sad for you.
Your poem is so beautiful but lots of tears here.
Beautiful Nell rest in peace and Gollie is waiting, run free together.
Thinking if you please give Pat and Bear a hug from us.
Much love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly xx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Dear Glenys & Sam,

We are so sorry to read you have had to say goodbye to your beloved Nell and so soon after Gollie, we know how heartbroken you both must be. Your poem is beautiful and certainly brought a tear to my eyes.

Thinking of you both.

Run free at the bridge beautiful Nell :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Dear Glenys and Sam

I am so sad to hear this news about your beloved Nell.

I will never forget the first time I saw her, she was such a beauty and so calm. Gorgeous inside and out.

Thinking of you both and sending hugs

Alison x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Dear Glenys & Sam - I am so sorry to read you have lost beautiful, gentle Nell, that photo of her sums her up - a true Lab to the core. She will be very much missed.

Thinking of you all.

Run free at the bridge Nell sweetheart.

Jackie x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Dear Glenys and Sam. I am so sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your beloved, gentle Nell especially so soon after losing Gollie. It truly is heart breaking and you're right I do believe our hearts are never the same although our happy memories help as time goes by. I remember seeing you at Crufts when Parker and another of Nell's pups were being shown and they looked superb, so like their mum and you were so proud of Nell's offspring.

Your poem brought tears to my eyes too but your comments about the burglars in the Caravan also made me smile as Nell made sure even as an old lady that her zest for an adventure into all the cupboards hadn't diminished with age:)

Run free dear Nell reunited with Gollie xx :love2:
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for all the lovely comments they mean such a lot to us .
No matter how we tell ourselves that one day they will leave us when that day comes it is still a shock and only dog lovers know what actual grief its is .

Looking back we were so happy Nell and Betty are the same age so were youngsters together then a year after Pat arrived with my Son Gareth but when he moved she strayed with us .
The Tragedy is the youngest Gollie went first , now Nell and Pat is on borrowed time we are talking a matter of weeks :cry3: and whilst I would never have bought a Pug she is a special little character who we love .
Do we think the pain of the grief is not worth the love of a dog ? of course not we will do it again because the love of a dog is beyond price their devotion beyond measure saying goodbye is the sacrifice we make xxx

Glenys and Sam xxx
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

i'm so sorry to hear your very sad news, Glenys. it's never easy but I know how special Nell was, and to lose her soon after Gollie must be devastating.
Thinking of you both,
Joan xxx
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Dear Glenys and Sam,

We are so very sorry you have lost your beautiful Nell, she really was a wonderful girl. I remember meeting her when we visited MKF on more than one occasion, she was a stunning girl and so gentle. She had the best of homes with you and Sam and we know how heartbroken you will be at her loss and even more so after losing Gollie. I remember you telling us how she used to pinch the pears that had dropped from the tree, and how she was an opportunist when it came to opening cupboards.

We know you will have such special memories of her and they will live on in your hearts forever.

Thinking of you both

Love Michelle, Mark and Sally X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home