Lucy's come to stay

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Lucy's come to stay

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

:2811: Hi everyone, Merfyn here and I'd like to tell you about my new sister Lucy

Yesterday we went a long journey in the car and I was feeling a little bit worried as it was much longer than the journeys I usually go on.

Well we arrived at MKF and I think I remember being there a long time ago - it made me wonder what was happening, especially when I went in through the big gate.

I met a blonde bombshell called Lucy and boy is she lively!!!!! We went in the field for a run around but I didn't run much and I decided not to take too much notice of Lucy unless she went close to Sue my special human.

THEN... she came through the Happy gate and got in the car with us. Well I didn't quite know what was happening but sue sat on the back seat with me and I felt nice and calm again. Lucy had to go on the hatch space and she was very fidgety.

When we got home I went in first with Sue and then in came Lucy. She had a huge drink of water and then we went to our little paddock and we ran and ran and I played really rough, but Lucy seemed to like it until I got her round the neck and then she squealed a bit, but as soon as I let go she was ready for rough and tumble again.

We had our tea in separate rooms - she eats really fast and then we played again and went in another field where I showed her the way to go.

My Sue did some baking and we had to watch as she put the baby gate up - not for me but for Lucy.

At bed time I went on the bed as usual and Lucy couldn't get on - hee,hee,hee. She got a bit upset at bedtime but went on MY bed downstairs and was quiet until now - that's just after 6am (it's a good job we always get up early). She was a good girl and went out for a poo and then she found some rabbit poo (yum yum) and ate it.

Now we're just waiting for our early morning walk - I'll be showing Lucy what to do, cos I'm her big brother and I'll,also be teasing her some more.

She's got to go to the vets to get registered and to have a check up and injections and to get her microchip (???) changed. Then she needs a name tag from Pups and Pets and when Sue gets in there, I bet she buys other things too - hope I get a treat!

Right, must go now, it's time for our walk

Love and sloppy licks from Merfyn :love2: :love2:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lucy's come to stay

Post by mollie »

:rofl: :rofl:

Aw, Merfyn I loved reading every word of that.

I think you and Lucy are made for each other. Make sure you keep us updated!

So lovely to read :love6:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Aww Merfyn it's was lovely reading that you have a new sister and my what a beautiful girl Lucy is, just like you.

Feel sure you are both going to have many happy times together and look forward to hearing more about your adventures together :love6:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Merfyn a new sister aren't you the lucky boy. Just remember not to be too rough with her.

Have a lovely life in your new home home Lucy. :love6:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Awwwww, how lovely, enjoy being a big brother Merfyn. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Lovely update Merfyn. So happy for you all and look forward to updates and photos please!

Alison x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Enjoyed reading your story about your new sister. It sounds like a match made in heaven. Look forward to reading more.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hi Merfyn, We are so chuffed to read you have found your new sister and are helping her to get used to her new home. Looking forward to hearing of the fun you will have with your pal. :bighug: :love2:

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Mervyn what can I say ? you are a babe magnet :rofl: sharing Rabbit poo :rofl: that is true Love
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hi Merfyn, what a lucky boy a new little sister and a blonde bombshell to boot!!! I think the two of you are going to have lots of fun and keep your mum on her toes. Good luck in showing Lucy the ropes in her new home I'm sure this is going to be a match made in heaven :love6: :2821:
Joan and George x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi special boy,

We are so happy you have found a new friend in Lucy, she really is adorable.

Be happy you two.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

well done Merfyn getting a little sister and well done Lucy getting your new brother and family :bighug: :bighug:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw another lovely post. Sounds like you are going to be perfect for each other. Like posts like this :love3:

Jackie x