GORGEOUS GEORGE

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

GORGEOUS GEORGE

Post by mollie »

Just turned my Rescue calendar over to December, and there's Gorgeous George. Lovely pin up to finish this year with :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: GORGEOUS GEORGE

Post by JoanG »

Thanks for this post Marge, I must admit it's made my morning turning over to December and seeing George in the snow. Happy memories of a lovely walk.

I'm going to enjoy my calendar even more this month, so sad he's not here but so happy that we had the chance to adopt such a special dog.

Big hugs George, miss you everyday :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love4: :love4:
Joan and George x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

It's sad when they're not here any more Joan, but we wouldn't regret a moment of having them. Nice that the calendar is keeping George in all our thoughts this month. :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Joan
I have just turned my calendar to December and there he is Gorgeous George, I am sure you are delighted and sad at the same time. It is a wonderful picture of your beautiful boy in the snow, we have vast amounts of it here today.
Thinking of you Joan and sending love from us
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

He is still a pin up star we wont forget him xxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Cheers me up every time I see his beautiful face but, at the same time, makes me sad because he is no longer with us. We feel very privileged to have known gorgeous George. Gone but, never forgotten. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Thanks for your lovely words :love3: :love3:

It was strange last year I had ordered some calendars and raffle tickets from Glenys early in November but had no idea that George was actually in the wall calendar or that he was ill. On Wed 16th November we got the dreadful news that he had a very aggressive tumour and didn't have long to live but my daughter came back home from London and George rallied and we had a lovely weekend with him. On Tues 22nd November (just 6 days later) the Calendars arrived in the morning post and we were delighted to see George in it and he seemed really well, we had a lovely walk and all seemed ok. However at tea time he didn't want his tea and that rang alarm bells, later on I knew he was unwell so we sat with him, stroking him and he died peacefully in his bed just before midnight.

The timing of the calendars arriving that day and the fact that my gorgeous boy was there in all his glory seemed to say to me - don't be sad mum I'm still going to be there next year, especially in December when I know you're going to be really sad.

The support and kindness of those on the Forum is very much appreciated.
Joan and George x
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Oh Joan Such beautiful words from you. Brought a tear to my eye

Sending love and wishing you all the best

Love

Pat, Zach, Jake and Yogi

x x x x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Yes, I also found it lovely to see Gorgeous George as December's picture. He'll always be special and remembered by many Joan.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma