Now Alfie has gone

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JennyC
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Now Alfie has gone

Post by JennyC »

Having lost Bailey on Christmas Day the problems that had been troubling Alfie for the last 6 weeks or so recurred with a vengeance on Thursday. Also while being ill he slipped on the kitchen floor and when the vet came again later his back leg was actually broken. Alfie was very peaceful and not complaining, just resting, but there was no question as to what had to happen. The vet said the bone must have been weakened for some reason to break, and that leg had been bothering him for a while. So now we have no Labs. Empty house, sad times, but so,so many happy memories and so much love!

Love to all our fellow Labrador-lovers!

Jenny & Robert
Jenny, Alfie and Bailey (and Dad!)

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Now Alfie has gone

Post by Lins »

Really don't know what to say. Nothing anybody says will not make it better or change things.

I'm so sorry for your loss. All I can say is that it will get easier (not easy) but in time you will smile at the very happy memories of both Bailey and Alfie.

Thinking of you at this very sad time.

Run free together at the bridge dear Bailey and Alfie :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

I am so very very sorry for your loss of both Bailey and Alfie in such a short time. Alfie will have found Bailey on Rainbow bridge so they will be together again.

:bighug: 's
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

So so sorry to read your post just want to say we are thinking of you both at this sad time :love3:

Run free sweet Alfie with your brother Bailey :love2: :love2:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Jenny and Robert we feel so very sad for you, in such a short time Both Bailey and now lovely Alfie.
Rest in peace and now reunited forever.
Thinking of you both at this difficult time, we send you our love
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Thinking of you both at this heartbreaking time. To lose both your beloved labs so closely together is just so dreadful and I send you my sincere condolences. Nothing will ease the pain now but I do hope all your happy memories of Bailey and Alfie will bring you comfort in the months to come.

Run free Alfie, go and find Bailey - together forever x
Joan and George x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So very sorry to read you have now had to say goodbye to Alfie and so soon after Bailey.

Thinking of you both at this sad and difficult time :love3:

Run free at the bridge Alfie and reunited together again with Bailey :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Hi Jenny and Robert

I am so sorry to hear that you’ve lost both Bailey and Alfie now. This is heartbreaking.

Sending hugs and think8ng of you both.

Alison x
JennyC
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by JennyC »

Thank you everybody for being there. We'll take a while and then think again .....................
Jxx

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Oh Jenny. How sad for you to have lost both your boys in such a short space of time. I am so sorry. I can’t imagine how quiet your home must be.

I’m glad you’re thinking ahead just a little bit. You’ll know when the time is right.

:bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Labrador3 »

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Many of us on here will know exactly how you must be feeling. To lose both dogs in such a short time is heartbreaking. Please remember you did the right thing for them and remember the happy times that you had with them. x
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

So, so sorry to hear about your sad loss of your two beloved fur babies. To lose two in such a short time is absolutely heartbreaking. Sending you hugs. As Lins said, it will get easier ( not easy) and your happy memories will help you.
I know that some people wait a while before bringing a new dog into the family while others, like me, only last a few days. My house was just so empty; I lost my two beloved girls within 5 months of each other. I adopted, from Glenys, a 12 year old retired gun dog called Jess, in September and she has fitted perfectly into my life. She will never replace Maisie and Annie but she has made her own special mark on my heart.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Jenny I am so very sorry to read your post that you have had to say goodbye to Alfie too, it must be a very difficult time for you both.
I'm glad you have so many memories of happier times with your boys to comfort you and maybe when the time is right for you both you'll feel able to have paws underfoot again......
Sleep tight Alfie,
thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I was so sorry reading this today that you lost Bailey at Christmas and now Alfie. The house must feel so empty and quiet but I am glad you can think of them with a smile and may in the future think of giving another lovely deserving boy or girl a lovely home. xxxx

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
JennyC
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by JennyC »

Thanks again everybody. You do put what we are feeling exactly - the emptiness - it will take a while ...... we'll see.

Love to you all and your Labs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx