New Member of Our Family

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

New Member of Our Family

Post by JoanG »

For my friends on the Forum who are not on the Facebook site I thought you would all like to know that a little 8 week old black lab called Digby has joined our family. He's definitely helping to mend our broken hearts he's a little smasher or should that be gnasher :rofl: as his teeth and nails are sharp as needles and he does like to use them on everything.

We did our research, met dad and saw photos of mum (they had only just been mated) and waited. Then on the 13th May (the same date that we saw George on the Rescue's website 9 years earlier) she had 11 puppies. We chose Digby from the 4 boys available and he's just lovely. He's clever he's already worked out the layout of the garden and house, especially where he can hide if he's got something he shouldn't have. He wakes me at night to go out for toilet breaks, we've had no overnight accidents at all.

He's only been with us 6 days, he's shredded our legs and hands with his teeth and claws, which we knew would happen and boy does it hurt :2008: but he already sits for his meals or treats and he LOVES his food so hopefully he will be easy to train.

We think this little chap was meant for us as he was born on the date we first saw George and we already love him to bits :love5: :love5: :love5:
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: New Member of Our Family

Post by Liz5353 »

Well Joan, that is wonderful news, we are very thrilled for you and Digby of course.
He sounds a little smasher, lots and lots of luck with your beautiful new boy..
I know you will keep us updated.
A gentle hug from us for Digby.
We are really pleased for you.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Post by broadhorizons29 »

So pleased that you have found another special boy. Puppies are a challenge after an older dog but also a great joy. Best wishes.

Lin and Oscar
:2362:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Hi Joan,

As you know we are over the moon for you all and what a lucky and beautiful little boy Digby is and know he will help mend broken hearts. So glad to hear Digby is doing well with his training and know what you mean about the shredded hands and feet having been through that stage ourselves :rofl: but they do grow out of it.

Digby is one lucky boy and know like us with Fynley you will enjoy and treasure every moment watching him grow and develop into his own character as well as having lots of fun times along the way :rofl: but well worth it.

Please give Digby :bighug: from us.

Love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

I am on facbook Joan as you know but I can congratulate you twice. :)

He's absolutely lovely and will bring joy to you both.

xx
Jackie
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

So pleased that you have a new furry friend in your lives. How those co-incidence timings give us great comfort. Enjoy your baby, he'll soon be a tearaway teenager, but sounds as though the training is already going well.

Would love to see some puppy photos id that was possible.

Jane and Lily
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Thanks everyone for your comments Digby is a darling and we're looking forward to seeing him grow up. Everything we had for George was enormous he weighed 40kg Digby is just over 5kg, it's so funny to see him drag George's tuggy round with him. I can't wait to be able to take him out.

Jane - there is definitely a stubborn streak when he's doing something he shouldn't so the teenage years could be interesting :rofl: Coincidence or "meant to be" I like to think the latter as she wasn't due on that date and it definitely makes you feel better about another dog in the home as I still miss the bond I had with my best friend.
Joan and George x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw that is lovely news Joan thanks for telling everyone on hear. My only advice is enjoy every single minute you time together is so very precious.

Jackie x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Hi Joan

I'm delighted to hear about Digby I'm sure he will be an absolute joy & steep learning curve. It doesn't seem to matter how many fury friends we have over the years they're all different & teach us something new. I'm looking forward to hearing all about him & his antics. Enjoy!!!!

Ann & Millie xx
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

If you send me the pics Joan Ill put them on xxx
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Awww Joan so glad to read you have a new puppy :bighug: and love his name Digby so cute.
Look forward to reading your stories :bighug:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Wonderful news Joan! So happy for you. Will look forward to your pupdates :2379:

Alison x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

I too will say congratulations again. I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh Joan, just catching up after holiday away and so very, very pleased to read your news. I gather from the baby name sites that Digby means 'down by the ditch' so expect mucky paws aplenty :rofl:
Congratulations!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart