Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Gorgeous George

Post by Glenys »

From Joan:

Remembering Gorgeous George 14 May 2008 - 22 Nov 2016

Thinking of you George, my Dog of a Lifetime. Here he is aged 8 yrs, not one grey hair, all taken after he was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma, he'd not been ill but died one week after diagnosis.

He was so special, wherever we went he drew people to him, he was a gentle handsome giant, he helped people/children to overcome their fear of dogs and just loved life. The bond we had was unique, never experienced anything like it in over 30 years of owning labs. That's why he is missed so much by all the family and everyone who knew him.

Keep chasing the deer George - you're always in our thoughts xx

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Gorgeous George

Post by Glenys »

We will not forget George he was a lovely lad and so well loved once in a lifetime dog I am sure sure

Run free George xx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Once known/seen, who could forget Gorgeous George (the George Clooney of the dog world.) I still get butterflies in my stomach when I remember the sad news of his passing and going over to the bridge.

Thinking of you Joan. Sad and happy memories all at the same time :cry3: :1968: :love3:

Molly sends you more love and sloppy licks. :2379:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Joan we are thinking of you as you remember Gorgeous George, we were never lucky enough to meet your very special boy,.
Yes I agree some of our beautiful labs are just that little bit extra special.
Run free Gorgeous George.
Sending love to you Joan.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Thanks for your kind words, I still feel sad that such a lovely dog didn't live to an old age, he was in such good condition I really thought he would, perhaps that was why I was so shocked. I lost my first lab at 8 years so I was very worried when George's 8th Birthday came round but didn't really think lightening would strike twice. Just shows we have to enjoy every minute with our special friends.
Joan and George x
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

What a beautiful boy George was. Thinking of you Joan and sending lots of love and caring thoughts .

With Love

Pat xxx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Joan, so sorry I missed this post.

Thinking of you as you remember your once in a lifetime boy, Gorgeous George, forever in a special place in your heart :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

A little late I know but just wanted to say that though time passes George will always be that very handsome, memorable and funny lad held save in your heart Joan.....
thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart