Remember Willow?

Lovingly known as wheelydog - Willow had a spinal injury and used a frame with wheels in place of her back legs. Hydrotherapy, a loving home and one year later she is walkig without her frame and continies to improve

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Remember Willow?

Post by Glenys »

Just to say to everyone that we all know what a hard year its been for everyone and rescue especially sometimes we are operating on a wing and a prayer and just when its starts to get me down along comes something good.
Please follow the link below for the story But I think you will agree that if it wasnt for the website (s) and many friends made through it this girl would not have lived ! , please accept the thanks of us all at rescue and please remember without your kindness we could not do what we do for the dogs
Sadly it comes down to funds every time without them eventually we may not be able to carry on.

So I share with you this email

Hi Glenys

Its Liz Sweeney concerning Willow, I have some good news unless you already know? Willow is walking without her wheels!!! She's quite wobbly and when she wants to go fast she still looses control a bit but its great news. I'm due to go and visit her over the Christmas period so I will remember to take some pictures and videos etc of her success and send them to you.
Has Jan been in touch about Willow? I'm sure she was going to when she got internet fitted but I'm unsure of that happening yet.
Hope you are all well and keeping up your wonderful work.

Kind regards

Liz Sweeney. xx
Liz is one of the Vet nurses)

http://www.homealabrador.net/happyendings/willow.php

Last edited by Glenys on 27 Oct 2008, 11:05, edited 2 times in total.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

It must make it all worth while when you hear of the results that you have helped happen. It gave me goose pimples reading that she can do without her frame. One very lucky dog.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

It does kath sometimes its an uphill battle to keep things going here but when I read things like this then it makes such a difference.
Those nurses too what stars they are all that patience and time helping little Willow to survive and then her finding the perfect home who also had a swimming pool :) magic !!
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Willow's story really does bring it home to me that a splendid job is done by the Rescue!!! :) :) :)
angelat

Fantastic

Post by angelat »

I remember reading willows story a long long time ago, not on this site though, and i sat bubbling at it,Im so happy to read this news about her, what a little fighter she is, and a very lucky girl, this has made my day to read this about Willow.

Its onwards and upwards for her now, and well done to everyone who was involved in helping this little girl, You really do make the difference,

The work you do at the rescue i can imagine is sometimes an uphill battle but when you look atthe succes of the likes of willow it makes it so worth while, i have a lot of respect for you all :o
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What good news this is. Willow seems such a lovely girl!
Jackie
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely update on Willow, she really touched a lot of people on here and I for one thought at one point that things didn't look good for her........just to hear she is walking now wow, what can I say we are so, so lucky that we have such fabulous and kind hearted supporters on here.
Jackie x
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

Its fantastic news about Willow

xx
Carolyn
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Great news about Wllow. Can`t wait for pics of her walking unaided even if she is a little wobbly. :D
Carol x.
Lucy
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Remember Willow?

Post by Lucy »

That has made my day 8)
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Brilliant news - so glad!!
Gemma xx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Makes you feel really happy to read this, what a fantastic result for all concerned. It was incredible how everything fell into place. Well done to you all, and so pleased for the lovely Willow - well done to you to sweetheart.

Joan x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Remember Willow?

Post by jackie »

Any news on how Willow is doing? Hope she is improving and things are ok for her.

Jackie x