Molly and a roller coaster of a ride!

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Molly and a roller coaster of a ride!

Post by Lins »

Just thought I'd give you all an update on Molly after a real roller coaster of a ride. :2008:

I think, nay hope that we have now seen the last of the lovely vet Chelsea at least for another six month.

We went to see her on Wednesday and she said she needn't see us again for another six months as finally, we had got Molly's arthritis under control. She decided to take another blood sample just to be on the safe side with meds etc. Off Molly went with Chelsea, never looking back as if she knew what was coming. She came back out wagging her tail as if to say "no problem."

Well, I got a call from Chelsea yesterday afternoon to say that her potassium levels were off the scale and she had never seen a reading quite so high. Well, you can imaging, my heart dropped into my stomach. She went on to explain that she was sure there was nothing to worry about because she thought it was a fault on the machine.

We were back at again this morning for yet another blood sample. Off Molly trotted, this time probably thinking "oh no, not again."

We went home, choked on some tasteless lunch awaiting the call. Now the good bit, it was the machine and all is normal.

I have just read the post re Bonnie and her arthritis. I don't know if this will be of any help but, I can only say that Molly is now managing quite well. She has 2 Onsior tablets per day (cheese triangle) and 1 Boswellia tablet (cheese triangle) - just to say that this equals two Dairylea cheese triangles - and her Yumove which she thoroughly enjoys.

I know there are dogs really struggling at present (Mr. Gollie and Skye immediately come to mind) but I just wanted to share some good news. I pray that we hear some good news about both and they get 'sacked' from the vets soon too.

Message to George................I'm still up for it! :2379:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Molly and a roller coaster of a ride!

Post by jackie »

Lins wrote: Message to George................I'm still up for it! :2379:
Lins you do make me laugh! I am pleased Molly is doing well you are right it is nice to hear some positive news. I hope Molly continues to improve.

Sending lots of healing thoughts and hugs to you all and special ones for Molly :love3:
Jackie x
Keith
New User
New User

Post by Keith »

Good news Molly :lol: Way to go.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Brilliant news lins. :bravo:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Lins and Molly
Well what a couple of days you have had, we are very pleased that all is well in the end, but very worrying at the time.
Like you Lins cheese triangles are in use at our house as well ( thanks to Sam ) Bonnie is staying on synoquin and from tomorrow Previcox also. I am about to go walking with the other 3 so she will not be happy.!!
Joan mentioned the cold and living where we do I am sure that this does not help.
However this is really about your beautiful Molly so :bighug: from us and keep well Molly.
Thinking of you all and sending love
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly xx :love3:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Really pleased to read that Molly is doing well and that her arthritis meds are agreeing with her. I can imagine how you felt when you got the potassium readings, even with the vet saying it must be a faulty machine :2008: , it's impossible to function properly until you get the results of the retest. So :bighug: to Molly and these :love3: are for you.

Lin please pass on to Molly that George is also doing well, the arthritis in his left elbow is being managed with just 3 YuMove Advance tablets daily and we are able to take him on longer walks too. His vet wanted to put him on Metacam but I don't want to use anything like that unless it's absolutely necessary.

George says "Way to go Molly and there's a lot of life left in this old dog too"!! :rofl: :rofl:
Joan and George x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

JoanG wrote:Really pleased to read that Molly is doing well and that her arthritis meds are agreeing with her. I can imagine how you felt when you got the potassium readings, even with the vet saying it must be a faulty machine :2008: , it's impossible to function properly until you get the results of the retest. So :bighug: to Molly and these :love3: are for you.

Lin please pass on to Molly that George is also doing well, the arthritis in his left elbow is being managed with just 3 YuMove Advance tablets daily and we are able to take him on longer walks too. His vet wanted to put him on Metacam but I don't want to use anything like that unless it's absolutely necessary.

George says "Way to go Molly and there's a lot of life left in this old dog too"!! :rofl: :rofl:
Message duly passed on with a big kiss. Just realised their initials.....MG......sporty little jobs. :1967:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Good girl Molly tell Mum we have discovered LIDL cheesy triangles to be extra Blooming ,excellent thicker too Mummy needs to economies now My Vet fees have been paid.

Love n Kisses

Gollie Fryer Esq xxxxxxxxxxxx :love3:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

What a worry bet it was such a relief to hear the machine was faulty.

Glad to hear the vets are pleased with Molly and that she is doing well, give her a :bighug: from all of us.

Love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh, was glad to get to the sentence that said the machine was faulty!!
Really pleased for you both,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Blackdog
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Blackdog »

'Good golly Miss Molly' you sure know how to worry your mum. Glad meds are working and you will be able to rock and roll with George Clooney soon x
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Great news for Molly. Hope things will stay settled for her :2379:

Alison x
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Great news, Lins. What a relief for you. Delighted to hear it. Big kisses to Molly from Maisie and Annie.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."