George unwell

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: George unwell

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Joan just wondering how your night has been ?
Thinking of you and especially gorgeous George and sending positive thoughts your way.
All paws crossed from our girls
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :love2: :love2:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Morning Joan.

I too have been thinking about you and George. Hope things have improved overnight. Will keep you both in our thoughts.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Morning, thanks for your good wishes and I'm pleased to say there has been an improvement mainly in the last hour or so. I didn't sleep much as his breathing wasn't normal so I heard any changes and was instantly wide awake each time. However, by morning he was watching me walking round, he's just got up and eaten his breakfast. He was very suspicious that I was trying to get tablets down him - he was right!!! He now looks more like himself, his head is up so are his ears, he's listening and he's just barked at the paperboy - thank goodness.

I hope he's now on the road to recovery but just have no idea what has caused it to happen so will have to see what the vet says on Monday.
Joan and George x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Oh Joan so sorry to read your gorgeous boy is unwell, it is such a worry as they can't tell you how they feel. Glad George seems a little brighter this morning.

Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts for your beloved boy, please give George a :bighug: from all of us.

Thinking of you too, as I know how worried you must be :love3:

Love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

Glad that George appears brighter this morning Joan.

Fingers and paws crossed for you that the improvement continues :love3:

Paul and Skye
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Gorgeous George has been on my mind all day. Thank goodness there has been some improvement and hope this continues.

They do put us through the mill when they are poorly but, they are worth it. Hope you get some answers Joan but, the main thing is, he is brighter.

Come on George, Molly is waiting to hear that you are back to your usual gorgeous self and sends huge sloppy licks. :2379:

Thanks for the update. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

So sorry to hear about your lovely George. I do hope he'll soon be better,
Sending healing thoughts for his speedy recovery, and big hugs to you,

Joan xx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Just catching up on your post Joan. Glad to hear George has started to improve. Got everything crossed for him.

Alison x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Just catching up Joan. What a worry that was, but I'm pleased to read that George is on the mend. It will be interesting to know what happened.

Give him a big hug from Jess and Tilly. :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
P_P
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by P_P »

I'm so glad he's feeling a bit better - hopefully he will back to normal soon
I always think it would be so much easier if they could just tell us what was wrong!!
Sending you our love
Gill Parker & Poppy x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Good morning Joan and George
We hope you have had a good night and George you continue to do well, we send you more positive thoughts .
We hope that you are much less stressed Joan, it is so easy to say do not worry but much easier said then done.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly x :bighug:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Hope all goes well today at the vets for you both. Thinking of you.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Firstly George was well enough to sleep on his own last night and this morning was standing waiting for me with a toy in his mouth wagging his tail. Can't tell you how pleased I was!! He's not completely back to normal and we've just got back from the vets, who thinks we should continue with antibiotics and Metacam for the rest of the week, just short walks and monitor him and see how he goes.

The vet can't explain what has happened but thinks George was in shut down due to pain but everything he looked at was totally normal apart from looking a little stiff in his back legs. He thinks we should wait and see what happens in the next few weeks before doing more tests etc if needed, as George looks so well and there's really no indication of where to start looking for a problem, if, indeed, there still is a problem.

I think I've aged 10 years over the weekend as I honestly thought he wasn't going to make it on Saturday, he was so lifeless and his eyes had a blank stare but he's now back to his normal gorgeous, gentle self if a little quiet, but please keep him in your thoughts for a while.
Joan and George x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Just to add to my other post The vet said he thought George was probably like he was due to pain from somewhere but George didn't whimper or cry out when he did eventually get up, there was no sign of discomfort when the vet examined him all over, either from his joints, back or abdomen. He ate his food although he wasn't as enthusiastic about it as he is normally, he had no sign of either sickness or diarrhoea and he went to the toilet normally too - if only he could talk and tell me what the problem was!!
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Very pleased to read your post Joan, all so worrying at times our beautiful boys and girls.
Well George we are all wishing you well, keep on the up and up.
Thinking of you both
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :love2: