Poor Bryn

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Poor Bryn

Post by jackie »

Not far to go now for the lovely Bryn :1951:
Jackie x
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has supported us in this, we a truly grateful to you all. Bryn is such a happy boy and to see him unable to walk is heartbreaking. He still gets up wagging from head to tail to greet everyone even he doesnt even put his back right foot to the ground.
Monday we have a day at a local supermarket rattling buckets at people and Bryn will putt in appearances as and when we think he can manage it, so people can see what a greay lad he is.
There are so many kind and generous people out there and it has been heart warming to see the response the website and friends have given us. The nurses at the hospital Bryn has P A T visited regularly have been very supportive and alot are giving time on Monday to help.
Again, we Thank You for all your help and good wishes, we will keep updating on the site as things progress.

Brian, Sue, Bryn, Maggie and Max ( B I G Llllllllllllicks from Bryn )
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Just a little update............
The fund raising has gone really well and we are so grateful to all that have helped. Had a talk with Bryns vet yesterday and he says he needs to do an op on Bryns cruciate ligament first, before the hip op :blue:
We're hoping to get that part over in the very near future and Bryn and I have another appointment to see the vet on Monday to discuss the options.
Once again, Thank you to everyone for their support and kindness.

B I G Llllllllicks from Bryn :2362:
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Update on Bryn..........
Went to see the vet today and the decision is for him to go for surgery on Monday (12th). It will be decided at the time whether to do his knee, his hip, or both at the same time.
One last request to all our wonderful supporters, can you all please keep him in your prayers for the next week or so. We are beside ourselves worrying, but at the same time want this done asap for his sake.

Love and Llllllllicks, Bryn and his Family. :3517:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

All crossed for Bryn and hugs for you has the fundraiser finished now ?
Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggies Dad »

Thank you Glenys. We reached the £1000 target but the appeal is still open for another week. As it has now been decided that Bryn needs both ops, hip and knee, it will of course be more expensive than we were told origanally. But we are well on the way to getting him hopefully free from this awful pain and we are hoping that if they decide to do both at the same time, he wont have to go through two seperate recovery periods.
We will give an update when he has had next Mondays surgery.
Love from Brian, Sue, Bryn, Maggie and Max. ( B I G Llllllllllicks from Bryn )
Brian. ( Max and Jess's Dad )
Maggie, Woof and Bryn, Together Forever
Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Pleased you reached the target.

Will be thinking of brave Bryn next week and onwards. Hoping all goes well bless him.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Really pleased to see that you have reached your target and I hope you manage to exceed it in the final week. The operation sounds worrying but if you achieve your aim of getting the gorgeous Bryn pain free then it will be worth it.

Bryn is a wonderful dog, a Labrador in a very hairy/furry coat I sincerely hope that people will continue to support this appeal in its last week, either by continuing to share it or donating. :lol: :1951:
Joan and George x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Maggies Dad wrote: One last request to all our wonderful supporters, can you all please keep him in your prayers for the next week or so. :
We certainly can! .........sending buckets of positive healing thoughts from us northwards to Brynn,
thinking of you all,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart