update on jess

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

update on jess

Post by mcca »

Today jess had her ultrasound another £300 pound and as yet no definate diagnosis but a huge tumour my main fear has been ruled out she has a little one on her spleen but it would not cause the symptons she has her bladder is inflamed and the vet has collected some stuff from within for more tests results next week he doesnt think its cancer but it must be a severe infection as it hasnt responded to all the antibiotics she has had some more different ones to try the special canin urine so diet she should be having gives her a bad stomach and she doesnt want to eat it (chicken and rice )2 things we stopped feeding a while ago up to now we havnt found an alternative tried salmon and rice its a little better but not much will try and do some homework on low magnesiam food in case the tests show struvites again

As an aside we managed to get to the memorial for my nieces husband on monday and it went ok but my niece was admitted to hospital on tuesday with suspected pnuemonia my great niece says they have found a bad infection and have her isolated with visitors wearing gowns gloves etc today she is looking better but still isolated what else are they going to throw at that poor little family i feel i should be helping but with Malcolm on chemo we cannot take the risk

anne and jess
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: update on jess

Post by Lins »

So very sorry about the bad time you are going through. I wonder when it will stop. I hope and pray it will be soon for all concerned.

Will keep your niece in our thoughts and prayers too.

Take care. :love3: :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I'm sorry for the stress and problems you, Jess and your family are going through. I'm relieved for you and Jess that she does not have the tumour you feared and continue to wish her well with all the test and treatment. Try to stay strong Anne, my current anthem is "Red Red Wine" UB40.

Will be thinking of and sending positive thoughts for Jess and your family.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Blackdog
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Blackdog »

Try adding a dollop of tomato ketchup to her food. It will make it taste better and at the same time it will neutralise the acid in her urine which may help control her infection.

M & Em
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Pleased there is no tumour Anne at least that has been ruled out. Hope the vet gets to the bottom of things for Jess sending lots of healing thoughts and hugs.

Jackie x
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Re: update on jess updated

Post by mcca »

well here we go the results from the vet hospital still cant give us a definate reason why jess has been so poorly she has a small growth on her spleen but it wouldnt cause her symptons there is sludgy rubbish in her bladder and the struvite crystals are back she was clear a few weeks back currenly no infection however this vet says she need not have the royal canin food as the chicken and rice are on her list of not goods and it really upset her tummy and bowels they said they would find an alternative but they couldnt the vet today suggested a food supplement but didnt say which one we have made the decision to put her back on raw as green tripe keeps her tummy right i have also sourced rabbit with cranberries which may help the cystitis the vet said she must have a lot of fluids to flush her bladder and made a couple of suggestions but there is a lot more fluid in raw or tinned food than dry hence our decision it does mean that Malcolm cant handle her food but we will manage by defrosting in a sealed box and use the utility room I am going to get the frozen rabbit tomorrow from a big longstanding pet shop in newcastle so we can try it before ordering in bulk and i will have a look at food supliments the good news is jess really enjoyed her tripe today and has cheered up quite a bit i hated trying to make her eat food she knew wasnt good for her
Well as i often say onwards and upwards we still have our girl and if the vets are stuck i will just have to troll the internet for things to try

anne and a happier if not totally cured jess
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Anne I think I have mentioned that Bella has crystals in her urine a good while back all due to her eating seaweed. Took us a while to establish what was going on but once we realised it was easily fixed. When she did get the crystals we flushed everything through with lots of turkey broth and it worked a treat for her. My two have never eaten dried food I don't particularly like it for them and everything is home cooked which I think helps, she also had daily cranberry supplements and bladder support drops from Denes all seemed to help her.

Good luck with the diet, a wet diet will definitely help her.

Jackie x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Anne, I hope the wet diet improves things for Jess. :2362:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

jackie wrote:Anne I think I have mentioned that Bella has crystals in her urine a good while back all due to her eating seaweed. Took us a while to establish what was going on but once we realised it was easily fixed. When she did get the crystals we flushed everything through with lots of turkey broth and it worked a treat for her. My two have never eatepeople ones n dried food I don't particularly like it for them and everything is home cooked which I think helps, she also had daily cranberry supplements and bladder support drops from Denes all seemed to help her.

Good luck with the diet, a wet diet will definitely help her.

Jackie x
thanks jackie we are trying to flush her out with tasty drinks ie broth etc etc
i am considering cranberry supplements does she have people ones from the health food shop or special doggie ones the pet shop man told me about some paste that you put on food for urine problems but he was sold out i will look into Denes
i asked about a food supplement for dogs on raw who may not be getting the exact balance and i have a herbal one might as well throw the lot at her i had read your comments about seaweed and have been trying to think of anything she has had that could cause it and have drawn a blank tea time i put just a little rabbit and cranberry and herb supplement into her tripe and she wolfed it down

anne and jess
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I just got the ones from Tesco for humans, gave her one a day with her meal. xxx