A home for Bonnie

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

A home for Bonnie

Post by Glenys »

Please read about Bonnie sadly her Owner Allan is very poorly Allan and Patricia have had several dogs from us over the years h e is in a wheelchair due to his illness but that didnt deter him form walking his dogs often seen whizzing along in Leyand when I passed him in the car.
Sadly Allan is now too poorly now to keep Bonnie his last dog from us they would like her to go from home and not kennels please read about Bonnie and make contact if you can offer her a wonderful home.
Allan is a very lovely brave Man who we have known many years and we would like Bonnie to have a lovely home

From Patricia:

Bonnie is approximately 9 years old now but she is still very energetic and appears younger.
She absolutely adores going for walks. She will run for miles. She also loves swimming and will jump into any puddle she finds.
Bonnie is ok with other dogs and people. She is also good around children. I have never known her to snap at anyone. She is very good natured.

Bonnie loves any affection. She is a loving dog and likes to be cuddled and stroked.
Bonnie is also quite an intelligent dog and picks things up quite quickly. She will respond to "sit, down and stay"

She is good on the lead now. She can pull occasionally in her excitement so just needs a firm hand and close eye if near roads.

Bonnie however can be quite nervous of loud bangs or unusual sounds, particulary fireworks or thunder.
In the house she dispays behaviour that can appear a little OCD .For instance, she has certain routes she sticks to or may need a few attempts to reach another area of the house.She may attempt, then run back to the beginning a few times.
She is wary of stepping between thresholds from one room to another.
For this reason, I would say Bonnie needs someone who is very patient, loving and encouraging.
Bonnie needs to know she has areas of 'safety' and places she feels secure. 'Hiding holes' she can escape to.

Bonnie is fit and healthy and has no medical conditions.

I would like to keep hold of Bonnie until someone else is able to take her in.

I have sent some photos of Bonnie too.

Anything else you need to know, please don't hesitate to ask me

Regards

Patricia

PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE ON OUR WAITING LIST TO RING ABOUT THE DOGS PHONE ONLY IN THE TIMES STATED BELOW

Please email the coordinators if you cannot get through on the phone stating your phone number clearly and confirming you are on our waiting list

labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

CALLS NO LATER THAN 7 PM !!

Carol ( coordinator ) 07399559202 labrescue@live.co.uk
Glenys ( Coordinator / founder of rescue ) labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina ( coordinator) ginaboyd@btconnect.com tel : 07572438871
Messages can be passed on via Michelle on 07484768152

Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: A home for Bonnie

Post by Liz5353 »

Bonnie we are sending you lots of love and luck in finding your new forever home, you really are gorgeous. :bighug: from us
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly xx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: A home for Bonnie

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Wishing lovely Bonnie all the luck in finding a loving new home. :bighug:
Feel for her Mum & Dad ( :love3:) that they have to re-home her but I am sure she will find a lovely home.

(I have a dog who does not always feel safe changing rooms and often runs back to hide and then comes through after. It's not a problem, I just go with the flow and leave her get on with it when she wants to).

Hilary, Rowley & Douma