ON BEHALF OF CAROL - MY BOBBY

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

ON BEHALF OF CAROL - MY BOBBY

Post by mollie »

I'm posting this for those of you who know Carol - she usually posts on the site with the name 'My Bobby', and was a rehoming co-ordinator for a while. Carol can't get on the site at the moment and has asked me to post on her behalf.

I'm sure a few of you will remember that Carol and hubby Gary, had the very loved Bobby. Very sadly, Bobby was diagnosed with lung cancer just over a month ago and went to Rainbow Bridge on Friday.

I've copied Carol's post from Facebook, which was posted on Friday. A difficult time, as Bobby was only 7.

We had the news exactly 30 days ago ( marge walsh put the post on for me )to say my beautiful 7 year old black labrador Bobby had agressive terminal lung cancer .
I have to say we had to make the heartbreaking decision to let him go . I spent last night with him . Just the two of us to say our goodbyes .
My Bobby boy went to rainbow bridge at 11.20am this morning .
Heartbroken is an understatement but we couldn't let him suffer . I will love him and miss him all the days of my life . He was the one who found my breast cancer in 2011 and was my constant loyal companion .
Please all of you love your fur babies with everything you have . We never know how short time can be . Xx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: ON BEHALF OF CAROL - MY BOBBY

Post by Lins »

So very sorry to hear about Bobby Carol. I know you must be heartbroken to lose him at such a young age.

Thinking of you at this sad time. :bighug:

Run free at the bridge Carol's Bobby. Say woof to all our furbabies who will be there to welcome you. x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Poor Bobby, my heart goes out to you Carol. :blue:

Sleep well sweet boy.
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

I'm so very sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you Carol.
I had a soft spot for Bobby, I enjoyed reading about your handsome lad and he always so reminded me of my Zak in looks.
I remember the beautiful verse 'We have a secret....' that you sent me when I lost Max and hope that you find the same comfort from those words that I did. Sleep tight Bobby x
thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

Carol, my heart goes out to you - not any age at all and you had been through so much with him at your side - He was amazing to discover your illness as dogs are so perceptive and he knows he was very much loved and cherished. Run free at the Rainbow Bridge Bobby.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Carol we are thinking of you at this extremely sad and difficult time Bobby was a handsome boy and you have been through a lot together Rest in Peace Bobby, and run free with all our beautiful boys and girls.
Sending you love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :love2:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

So very very sorry to read this, I loved Carols posts about her beloved Bobby. In fact I only wondered about them recently. The pain of losing a beloved dog too young is awful, my heart goes out to Carol. I completely agree with her about loving them fiercely when you have them, too many of us have had the loss of a too young dog. I've just given Poppy and Dexy a big extra cuddle. You are in my thoughts Carol. Run free beautiful Bobby, you were so loved x
Emma
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So sorry to read that you have lost Bobby Carol, he clearly was a very special lad. Thinking of you.

Run free at the bridge Bobby sweetheart.

Jackie x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Carol I am so so sorry to read you've had to say goodbye to your lovely boy Bobby. My heart is broken for you.

Hilary Rowley & Douma
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

So very sorry to read of your loss Carol and Gary.Remember meeting the lovely Bobby at Fun Day and reading about him nursing you back to health. My thoughts are with you.

Run free at the bridge Bobby.

Kay.xx
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

So very sorry to hear your sad news Carol my thoughts are with you

With love

Pat xx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So sorry to read that you have lost your beloved Bobby.

Thinking of you at this sad time :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Dear Carol my heart goes out to you on losing your beloved Bobby. He was your "dog in a million" the one dog that you have such a special bond with which makes it so hard when they have gone. Only 3 months ago we were in the same position with George, another truly special dog then such an aggressive cancer, it grew in 3 weeks. I really do know how you are feeling the shock of it all is so hard to bear especially when they were such young dogs.

I sincerely send you my deepest sympathy in losing Bobby, all we can do is try to be happy that we had them for the time we did but it doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Run free dearest Bobby - now 3 big black boys (Bobby, Bryn and George) all gone so young and so suddenly running together at the Bridge :love5: :love5: :love5:
Joan and George x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Carol,

I was so sorry to read you had had to say goodbye to your boy Bobby, your one in a million. As with many of us, I can understand how you must be feeling and am thinking of you.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

So sorry to read of your loss Carol I seem to remember meeting you at a Christmas get together at MKF quite a few years ago. Such a shame. Thinking of you at such a sad time

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador