Gasteroenterisis

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lisahoward123
Senior User
Senior User

Gasteroenterisis

Post by Lisahoward123 »

Hi all does anyone know how dogs catch gastroenteritis ? Tarka had it approximately a month ago really bad. Then last weekend Archie started with it and today Tarka has been to the vets and has got it again within weeks of last time. Both dogs are scavengers if I don't see discarded food on the floor and they get to it they'll eat it is that how they pick it up. Either that or there may be an outbreak in the northwest area we live in hindley green Wigan so I don't know if any other. Local dog owners have had this problem . Hoping they're both ok now on their antacids and antibiotics as they've kept me up and down all night as they sleep upstairs running up and downstairs to keep going outside
Love lisa Archie and Tarka xx
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gasteroenterisis

Post by Melliott »

Hi Lisa,

Barney had it a few years ago, and he was really poorly, it frightened me how bad he was. He is not a scavenger at all, so we had no idea how he caught it, the other two we had at the time didn't get it, so it remains a mystery.

Hope your babies get well soon.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gasteroenterisis

Post by Liz5353 »

How is it going Lisa?
You may remember last year two of our 4 had it so I sympathise with you getting up in the night every couple of hours is extremely tiring after a few days. So I do hope things are improving.
All crossed here for you.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :bighug: