Sam

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sam

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Sam well you sound as if you have it sussed already,, that did not take long.
You really have landed on all four paws, well done.
Enjoy every minute with your lovely new family.
Love from us to you
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Lots of new things happened yesterday and this morning.
Yesterday Dad took me for a walk and I met a lady with a fox hound. We got on very well.
Then there were two little dogs loose and they ran up to me yapping and snarling so I barked and they ran away.
This morning I met horses through the fence on my walk. I wasn't sure about them as they are so big so I just sniffed the air and walked on.
Then I saw a rabbit but mum told me to leave so I did. (I really wanted to chase it though.)
Then I saw a cat sitting by a door and completely ignored it.
Mum thinks that I am a very good boy.

After meeting one of Bob's ladies yesterday, the other one was coming this morning. Knowing how I react to people coming in the house (I get very excited and bark and bark and bark and sometimes dribble a little with the excitement), mum did something called text to the second of the ladies.
Mum didn't do the treats by the door thing as she thought that if someone gave me a treat after I have just been barking, that would mean I am being rewarded for barking at visitors.
Mum told her in the text to come in but to completely ignore me and not to make eye contact, sit down and only when I was calm to give me a treat which she would have ready for me on the table. Well it really worked. After I barked when she came through the door I didn't bark again and didn't dribble. I fetched a toy to show to her but I was still a bit excitable. Then when I had calmed down and put my head near to her, she stroked me, told me I was a good boy and gave me the treat. It was a good treat - it was a dentastix so it was worth all the "palaver" as dad called it. So, I think she is one of "Sam's ladies" now too.

Sam's ladies will come to look after me if mum and dad have to go somewhere called holidays.

Mum has been trying to teach me to lie down on command but I just thought she was playing. I did it once yesterday but she thought that might be a fluke so she tried again this morning and after a bit of messing about, I did it. Not long after, she tried again and I did it right away. I got rewarded that time with a tiny piece of cheese. Mum was so happy you would have thought she had scored a penalty for England! I'm looking forward to "down" now as I might get another piece of cheese but mum doesn't want me to get fat so I think it will only be another tiny piece.

Mum said I am a really, really good boy because Bob would have been on the table and helped himself to the treat. I knew it was there so I kept sniffing but didn't go anywhere near it. She apologises that there won't be endless funny tales about food being pinched but my antics are not going to be food stealing related it seems. I don't even lick things in the dishwasher!

Sam

:2362:
Jackie
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Sounds like you’ve got ‘ a real good un ‘there Jackie. Not only gorgeous but pretty smart too.

A real happiness maker

Xxx Love

Pat
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Fabulous update Sam. Looking forward to the next one cos they make me smile. I almost feel as if I'm there with you. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I feel just like Linda does, I really enjoy these tales and they always make me smile. Please keep them coming Jackie.
Joan and George x
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

jackiem wrote:
Mum said I am a really, really good boy because Bob would have been on the table and helped himself to the treat. I knew it was there so I kept sniffing but didn't go anywhere near it. She apologises that there won't be endless funny tales about food being pinched but my antics are not going to be food stealing related it seems. I don't even lick things in the dishwasher!

Sam

:2362:
Dear Sam,

Methinks maybe you're lulling you mum into a false sense of security :? :rofl:

Paul and Skye
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely to read your update Sam it sounds like all 4 paws are well & truly under the table. Be happy in your new home it's great to read how happy you're making your new Mum & Dad. Great reading - keep your posts coming

Ann & Millie xx
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Sam you have so much going on I feel quite dizzy, but it is certainly great reading, much better than the book I am reading at the moment.
I cannot wait for today’s episode.
Love to you from us.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
JennyC
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

To Sam from Barney

Post by JennyC »

Hello Sam, sounds as though we have quite a lot in common! My mum discovered that I really like to do as I am told if dad has pieces of baked liver in his pocket! The pieces are a bit small but very, very yummy!! :1967: Try suggesting that to your mum!!

Been here 8 weeks now. The only thing I don't like is when mum and dad both have to go out for a while; that still upsets me a bit even though I know they always come back. The Kong they leave me with doesn't last long ...................

Well we'll keep trying to please!
Love from a fellow new-homer,
Barney
Jenny, Alfie and Bailey (and Dad!)

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Dear Sam we are very glad you have mastered the puter as we love your updates .
Do you remember coming to us I almost cried because you were just like William he was one of of only two of the yellow labs we had he was lovely too he liked to bring us presents this could be a cushion a shoe he loved Teddies so you reminded me of him his rose a lovely yellow one called Royal William still blooms and also in the depths of winter he will sometimes bloom.
Didn't I tell you you were special ? and tell you what a lovely home you were going to to a wonderful place where you would be loved and cherished all your life from now on and you had big lovely boots to fill and knew you wouldn't let us down.

Love and hugs xx

In Memory of Bob and William two special boys

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Mum read Glenys’s message and had to wipe her tears and blow her nose before she could pass me the ‘puter so that I could tell you about today.
She loved Bob very much but I know she loves me very much too and I am doing my best to make her happy and she is most of the time.
I’ve just given her my favouritist toy which was nice and soggy and she gave me a big hug.
Mum and dad are both really pleased with how I am walking on my lead. Mum had a bit of a hiccup this morning though as we met one of Bob’s friends, a spaniel named Sid, and I tried to pull backwards out of my collar to get to him. Mum told me to sit in a very stern voice so I did. Then she let me get close to Sid to have a sniff. I didn’t know what to make of him! I wagged my tail and so did he but then he tried to sniff my nether regions so I backed away, I sat next to Mum while she talked to Sid’s dad for a few minutes then we walked home. Mum had to carry my toy most of the way again.
When we got home Mum took me to the garden to play ball. She knows now how to get me to drop the ball - she turns away as though she doesn’t want it, I drop it then she quickly kicks it down the garden and I chase after it. I think she’s given up on proper fetch but at least we can have a game now.
Then I decided to show Mum how happy I am so I raced round and round the garden like a grey hound. It was great! Mum’s wondering if there are any Labrador races anywhere so I can take part. She thinks I might win.
Human sister has gone to a music festival for the weekend even though she’s got a broken leg so I won’t be able to sneak in and give her arms an early morning wash for a couple of days.
Mum had the day off work today as she was going to see some flowers at Tatton Park with dad. It was the first day I was left on my own and I didn’t mind a bit as I like to sleep. Mum peeped through the window after she had locked the door and I was already in my bed and settled down. She didn’t know I’d seen her so don’t tell her.
When they got back we had a big fuss, then I played with dad and then he took me for a walk.
Mum’s been practicing commands with me and she still thinks i’m a good boy.
Mum bought me a new ball so my toy basket is very full now.
I think that’s all for today.
Tell me when I start to bore you.
Barney, don’t be sad when your humans go out-take the opportunity to get extra sleep! I’ll drop hints about the liver.
Sam :2379:
Jackie
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Another lovely update, you're very good on the puter stuff Sam :rofl: once you've met Sid a few times I'm sure you're going to be the best of friends. Hope you're human sister enjoys the festival and that the rain holds off, mud and crutches just might be a big no no still you'll be able to wash her clean when she comes home :rofl:
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Well done Sam nicely wrapping the hoomans round you paw :rofl: thats what we like .
Its one weeks gotcha day today have fun xxx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sam, we love your updates and sounds like you have learnt so much and can tell how much you are loved. Fynley said a Labrador race would be great as he likes charging round the garden like a greyhound at a hundred miles an hour, legs tucked under him :rofl:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

We hope you are having a great weekend Sam.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x