Watson now Winston

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

granvilleb
New User
New User

Re: Watson now Winston

Post by granvilleb »

Just a quick update. Winston still wakes us early to go to the country park to go and run with his friends. We are now going a little later, 6-30 as he now liked a lie in. After his running and breakfast he sleeps until lunchtime. He is still a loveable dog.
granvilleb
New User
New User

Post by granvilleb »

Just a quick update. Winston still wakes us early to go to the country park to go and run with his friends. We are now going a little later, 6-30 as he now liked a lie in. After his running and breakfast he sleeps until lunchtime. He is still a loveable dog.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Pleased to hear Winston is still acting as your alarm clock but now just a little later :1967: I always think why don't they sleep in a bit later and then enjoy their long sleep until lunchtime. My pup Digby wakes up at 6.30ish doesn't want to go outside at all but just wants me to get up and then he goes off to sleep until 8 when it's his breakfast time. :rofl:
Joan and George x
granvilleb
New User
New User

Post by granvilleb »

Another update. Winston is now well settled in and everything in the house is around him. He is lovely dog and his barking is less now as he is more used to going to places and feeling safe. At the country park he jumps out of the car and never stops running with his new found friends. When he gets home he sleeps until lunchtime. He is about ten. He is our third black Lab, and each one has been different but Winston a real star. We just wish that his last owner could find out that he is having a good life.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Sounds like Winston is full of character and has you very well trained to his timetable :rofl: ..... I bet you don't get a nice morning snooze after the country park :rofl:
He's obviously a very much loved boy enjoying life to the full,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
GeeBee
New User
New User

Post by GeeBee »

Just a quick update. It was two years on Thursday 22nd that we met Winston at the rescue. He is still the wonderful dog that we brought home and love.
He has become a well travelled dog. This year he has been to South Wales, Northumberland, the Lake District and Lincoinshire. On Saturday this week he goes to the Isle of Wight and Dorset. Anytime the caravan door is open he is the first to jump in and sit on the bed so from this we think he likes caravaning. We often think of the person who had to let him go to the rescue but he now lives with two old softies who love him.
granvilleb
New User
New User

Post by granvilleb »

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Winston had to be put to sleep last week. He was diagnosed with cancer and after two weeks of treatment by our Vet he was not showing any improvement and suddenly went down hill. He did not show any interest in having a walk and we had to hand feed him. Not the usual Winston. We could not see him suffer in anymore so after hours of thought we decided to stop any suffering. We miss him as he was our life. He is now in our garden were he liked to root about with Bob and Libby.
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So very sorry to read you have had to say goodbye to your beloved Winston and know the pain you are feeling. It is clear from your postings how much Winston was loved by you both and nobody could have given him a better life and the wonderful holidays he had with you. Although the pain never goes away in time you do learn to smile at the wonderful and cherished memories they left us with.

Thinking of you both at this sad time :love3:

Run free at the bridge Winston :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Thinking of you at this very sad time, Winston had a wonderful life with you.
It is devastating when something like this happens almost out of the blue, it happened to us in July, so we feel for you.
Rest in peace beautiful Winston.
Love from us Liz Molly Polly Raisin x
Cathy H
New User
New User

Post by Cathy H »

So sorry to hear of your loss of dear Winston. He sounded like a real character, and you must be feeling a huge sense of loss.

Love to you both and all whether on 4 legs or 2 who loved him too.

Run free Winston

Love Cathy
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I’m so sorry to read this about your beloved Winston, what a wonderful life he enjoyed with you and I really enjoyed your posts about him. He sounded such a character and was so much a part of your family that he will be greatly missed. I lost my rescue lab George to an aggressive cancer within a week of diagnosis at only 8 yrs and I totally understand the shock and disbelief that you must be feeling.

Thinking of you all at this awful time, hWinston will always be there in your heart and, in time, will make you smile again as you remember his antics.

Run free dear Winston xx
Joan and George x
GeeBee
New User
New User

Post by GeeBee »

Thankyou to all who have sent us your messages and kind thoughts. We are slowly getting back to our normal way of life. The worst time is when you arrive home and open the door and no dog runs to you with his toy in his mouth. :686: Again thankyou for your good wishes.