Sorry to be the bearer of more sad news

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Sorry to be the bearer of more sad news

Post by Lins »

This morning, the lovely Blue passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Blue was the devoted companion to Malcolm Gent and I have to say, Gent by name, gent by nature, both of them.

Blue went in for a scan this morning but, sadly, nothing could be done to help him and he was quickly and gently pts.

Needless to say, Malcolm is in bits (a bit like me really)

Malcolm and Blue were totally devoted to each other, and spent every minute of the day and night together. Blue had a wonderful life with Malcolm. They went on holidays together, walked with me, Dave and Molly on the moors most days. Molly and Blue were like an old married couple, they walked along together. if one sat down, the other sat down. Blue's passing will affect a lot of people as he was very well known.

Run free at the Rainbow Bridge dear Blue. You were very much loved. You made us laugh but, now you have made us cry. You were one in a million,

Can't see the screen for tears now!

Goodbye Blue x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Gina B
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Re: Sorry to be the bearer of more sad nes

Post by Gina B »

So sorry to hear this Lins, I’m sure Malcolm will be heartbroken, gentle hugs to you all xx
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sorry to be the bearer of more sad news

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lins, very sorry to read that Blue has passed over to Rainbow Bridge and Malcolm has lost his best friend. I remember you writing about both of them raising money for the rescue. Big Hugs to you all and for Molly who also has lost her play mate. :bighug: :bighug:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

So sorry to read your post Lins about Blue & Malcom what an absolute tragedy for all of you & dear Mollie. Please tell Malcom how sorry I am to read this very sad post. Run free darling Blue ♥️♥️🐾🐾🌈

Ann xx
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Hi Linda

I am so sorry to hear about Blue. Sending hugs to you, Malcom and Miss Molly.

Alison x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

So sad to read about Blue, and my heart goes out to Malcolm. I don't think a dog could have had a better life, and that's what I always try and cling on to.

Run free Blue :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Heartbreaking to hear this sad news Malcolm ( the Gent) and Blue ... the most lovely handsome boy there are no words can describe the loss of a beloved dog fragments of your heart expand make it hard to breathe and fountains of tears come and tears we cannot hold in and when they start to cease you will find something to remind you of a loss of a most beloved part of you your dog your friend and
loyal companion

Love to you Lins for letting us know

Hugs for Malcolm and here is you need us as you have been there for rescue many times xxx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

We are so very sad about Blue, please pass on our condolences to Malcolm, this is such a very sad time, we feel for him.
Lins we are also thinking of you, your husband and beautiful Molly, we have read lots and lots of times of walking and singing together.
Sending love to you all at this very difficult time.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly xx
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Very sorry to hear this sad news about Blue. It is heartbreaking when we have to let them go. Just wanted to send love and caring thoughts to Malcolm, Lins and family

With Love

Pat xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I know there are no words I can say to heal the pain but want to say I am thinking of you all.

Run free at the bridge Blue sweetheart
Jackie x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

So very sorry to read this, Blue found such a wonderful home poor Malcolm must be devastated, my heart goes out to him.
Sleep tight boy :love2:
Thinking of you all,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sorry to read this sad post about Blue and know how devastated Malcolm must be to have lost his beloved best friend.

Thinking of you all :love3:

Run free at the bridge Blue :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So sorry to hear this news, Blue was a fantastic ambassador for Labradors and Malcolm's best friend. It's truly heartbreaking when they pass and the wound never heals completely just becomes easier, in time, to live with.

Please pass on my sincere condolences to Malcolm and run free dear Blue up on the moors, you will never be forgotten.
Joan and George x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thank you all for your lovely comments regarding Blue. Malcolm really appreciates them. We will spread his ashes in two of his favourite spots on the moors where he and Malcolm, together with Molly and us, spent many a happy hour. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador