Daisy Dog

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Daisy Dog

Post by Glenys »

The first email

Dear Sir / Madam

I am the proud owner of a rescue Labrador who has developed severe elbow dysplasia. She is currently under vet treatment and unfortunately medication is proving ineffective.

At the time Daisy became poorly, I was in the ‘cooling off’ period of her policy of insurance, and because I was honest about when her condition started, the insurer would not provide cover.

Daisy is going to need an operation which is very expensive - money we just don’t have. Although I could pay for the cost of surgery on a monthly basis, my vet won’t allow it.

Apart from this condition, Daisy is a very happy, healthy 5 year old who would have a wonderful life ahead of her, if she could access the treatment she desperately needs.

Are you aware of any organisations / veterinary practices that might help me access the treatment Daisy needs? I am prepared to sign a contract to say I will pay the cost for treatment at an agreed amount per month.

I really am desperate to save my lovely girl.

Any help / advice you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards

as you can imagine there has been a lot of conversations
but today she has been offered a chance to pay by installments its a difficult decision but we think we should help with this Ive discussed with our vets as there are complications other health issues we do not know the whole story but I feel as a rescue if this dog has a chance we need to help .. vet has offered payment plan now but we would like to help

Update :

Update on Daisy

Thank you firstly for caring and then for your generosity .
Its hard for someone to swallow their pride and ask advice when they are desperately worried about their dog and though Daisy was not one of our rescue dogs it does not mean we do not care.. Any of us could be in this difficult position. All week this has been an up and down scenario Several avenues to be explored yesterday Daisy was on infusions of Ketamine for 12 hours the elbow surgery was not deemed possible for her as her hips were also bad but today Daisy is eating and wagging her tail and is happy we are hopeful that she is a candidate for Hydrotherapy we have had some wonderful advice from our freind and supporter Anne of how again ..... if possible therapy MAY be good for Daisy and the Vet agrees that if by Monday her pain is under control he is happy to refer her.
So Daisy's Story is ongoing for her family and you need to know we , all who wanted to will take comfort that we were able to help.
We received £275 from supporters and £200 from a single supporter and topped up we have today sent a payment to Vets 4 Pets of £550 off the account for Daisy the owner is very grateful she paid £450 THE LAST OF HER MONEY TILL PAY DAY. A different slant on the Story is that her owner could have tried to give her to rescue as so many have or could have had to put her down but wanted to have a chance to help her dog as we all would her bill for this week alone was £1150 I'm glad we helped as her costs will certainly go on but as surgery is no longer an option its down to her many medications and possibly hydrotherapy to see her through. We will be staying in touch for news of Daisy.

Edit we are still receiving some donations so will update again soon
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Daisy Dog

Post by Lins »

Thank you for the update on Daisy. I agree, the owner could have taken the "easy" way out but, true to the love of her dog she didn't and, hats off to her.

It's a shame that surgery is no longer an option but, I genuinely hope and pray that maybe hydrotherapy, together with meds will make her life less painful.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Thank you so much for the update on lovely Daisy, all paws crossed here and we wish Daisy and her family all the best and we hope that all goes well.
We look forward to another update.
Sending love from us.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

What a very sad situation for all concerned,Daisy clearly has a wonderful owner who adores her. I hope they can get her pain under control and give Daisy a chance, five is no age at all for a Lab. Sending healing thoughts and hugs.
Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We are very grateful to canine therapies for stepping in to help Daisy this time last week we didn't think Daisy would even survive today she has had her first session with Anne Johnsons team . Anne kindly offered some complementary sessions to Daisy I'm pretty overwhelmed by her kindness both as a supporter of rescue and personal friend of Gina and me.
A week ago we never dreamt this would be happening
Thankyou also to the people who donated as well
and understood without question why we felt the need to help Daisy's owner.

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
baileysbunny

Post by baileysbunny »

That’s a 100 % devoted dog owner... if it’s your dog most of us will do anything that is possible.

I did all I could for my choc lab boy 7 weeks ago but it was a non starter 😢.
There is hope for Daisy 💗 which is amazing xxxx