run free old lad

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joan1
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

run free old lad

Post by joan1 »

I don’t know if anyone will still remember me but I joined the forum way back in 2016 when Bess my black lab bless her became a tri paw . We were looking for another older dog as a puppy would not have been suitable at the time. Sadly she passed away six months later
.However we did rehome a retired Gun dog Dexter from a local game Keeper and he gave us some lovely moments. He soon settled into are lifestyle including caravanning where he became well known and loved by many who met him and a little picking up on the local shoots kept him trim

It was with a very heavy heart that that we had to say good bye to him in July this year he was so ill and in pain with an enlarged prostrate we had to let him go. Although we only had him for three years we miss him so much

Thank you for taking the time to read this I know many will understand how we feel at the moment
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: run free old lad

Post by mollie »

I have a memory of a tri-paw doggy, and that must have been your Bess.

So sorry to read about Dexter. It doesn’t matter how long you have them, three weeks or three years, you get attached. He had a lovely life with you and you’ve been left with some very happy memories.

We do indeed know how you’re feeling, and it’s horrible, but I always say that despite the heartbreak, we wouldn’t be without them. :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Cathy H
New User
New User

Post by Cathy H »

Sorry to hear about your dear old Dexter, we had to say goodbye to our old boy in June so know what your going through too. Expect most on here do.

They give so much love don't they, lt's so hard to make that last call for them. A real friend as so much missed. Remember all the happy times you had together.

All the best. Cathy :love3:
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Just want to send loving thoughts to you - it is so painful when we lose our beloved dogs and I think most of us on here will know how you feel.

With lots of love

Pat, Zach and Jake. x x x
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

So sorry to hear you’ve lost Dexter. It’s heartbreaking but we couldn’t allow them to suffer after the unconditional love they give us. Thinking of you. X
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So sorry to read that you have lost your dear boy, Dexter it’s so heartbreaking when they leave us and however long we’ve had them it’s never enough. What a wonderful retirement he must have had with you I bet he enjoyed all the new experiences and obviously had a kind nature as you say everyone loved him. Run free dear Dexter :love2:
Joan and George x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh I remember Dexter as I was sorely tempted. So sorry to read this sad news but, you obviously loved him enough to end his suffering. Feeling for you.

Run free at the Rainbow Bridge Dexter. x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Thinking of you at a sad and difficult time, Dexter was a lucky boy and much loved. Heartbreaking I know run free beautiful boy.
Love Liz Molly Polly Raisin x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Sad to read of this sad loss always a hard time thinking of you and lovely Dexter xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So very sorry you have lost your lad, it is such a sad time we all know how you will be feeling. I never forget my dogs they mean so much.

I am sending a dove to heaven, with a parcel on his wings. Be careful when you open it, its full of beautiful things. Inside are a million kisses, wrapped up in a million hugs. To say how much I miss you, and to send you all my love. I hold you close into my heart and there you will remain. To walk with me throughout my life, until we meet again.

Thinking of you. Run free Dexter sweetheart.

Jackie x