another dog ?

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Harold + Pat
New User
New User

another dog ?

Post by Harold + Pat »

Hi All,

You may remember us as the proud owners of Bess(Little Lady) who we sadly lost in July. We miss having a dog in our lives but because of our ages (I am 74 and Harold is older) we thought she would be our last dog.
However we still look at rescue dogs and feel we could give a good home to an older dog (eg Billy a while back , Lucy etc) What do you all think and how does the rescue view older adopters?

Looking forward to hearing your views,
Pat & Harold :love6: :2808:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: another dog ?

Post by Glenys »

I am Sorry to hear of the sad loss of Bess.

Please feel free to make contact re email I am sure there will be a suitable dog found for you.

Glenys email labrador.rescue@btinternet.com
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Pat and Harold
I say go for another dog, I am almost the same age as you, and in August after losing two of our girls within 6 weeks, we took Raisin she is 9, yes we still have two other girls 12 and 11 years, please let us know how you get on.
Good luck and go for it.
Liz Molly Polly Raisin x
Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Labrador3 »

Please go for it. You are dog owners and its no use trying to fight it! As you and most people on here will know, rescue dogs give you so much love back and enhance your life every day. Register now!!!!!! :1951:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Hi Pat and Harold..

I remember you adopting Bess. It’s not all about age. My hubby is 74, and although I’m younger he’s fit enough to do everything for our two. We would certainly look at an older dog and I’m sure Glenys will be able to match you up with just the right one. No doubt at all that you have a lovely home for a lucky dog xxx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Dear Harold and Pat you are obviously thinking what is best for the dog. This makes you exactly the right people to adopt. Any dog who comes to such a lovely thoughtful couple will be lucky.
Hope the right one comes along for you soon
Love
Pat, Zach and Jake x x x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Hi Harold and Pat, I lost 2 dogs in the same year, Balee in September 2017 and Megan in August 2018 1 week later at the age of 74 after a phone call from Glenys we adopted Toby 6 and half are we sorry - NOT at all. If you are fit enough go for it. :?
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
geddes
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geddes »

Hi
Both my wife and I are 77.We love our JOE who keeps us fit and loving life.We walk in the rain,snow,sunshine we get out of the house.He is a great comfort when you are feeling unwell.Who would I have to talk too when my wife has gone to bed.
Geddes
Harold + Pat
New User
New User

Post by Harold + Pat »

Thank you all for your replies. We really do miss a dog in our lives and we now feel that perhaps we are not too old for another dog. We plan however to wait until the New Year as we are very busy at this time of year (We both play in a Brass Band) So watch this space next year.

Have a happy Christmas and lots of treats for our 4 legged friends

Harold & Pat