RIP Molly (aka Molls Dolls) 1/6/2006 - 5/1/2020

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

RIP Molly (aka Molls Dolls) 1/6/2006 - 5/1/2020

Post by Lins »

I'll start at the very beginning.
When we saw Molly for re homing on this very site, we rang the rescue straight away only to be told there was somebody going to see her that day. Within an hour, my phone went and the question was asked "are you still interested in Molly?" You all know my answer. The reason given for her not being wanted was "her tail carriage is all wrong," Well, all I can say was their loss, our gain.

We brought Molly home with my elderly Labrador Niambh, who was a brilliant mentor. Molly started work with me as a countryside ranger the very next day. Okay, we did have to do training around sheep but, I have to say, she knew what was required and in less than a week could sit amongst a flock with no problems. The local farmer was amazed.

Sadly, the active life she led on mainly moorland every days, 7 days a week did take it's toll in her latter years. yes, the dreaded arthritis. We have managed this quite well for a few years, but, at 13.5 years old, it got harder and harder for her. She enjoyed her daily walk (nay stroll) right up the the day before we had to say our farewells. She died at home, in my arms, in her own basket and favourite toy by her head.

I am so pleased to say the least that she is on the 2020 calendar (Miss January), not once but twice. She appears again with our beloved Scooby (April). I think all of you who remember Scooby, and indeed Molly will realise, I like my dogs BIG.

I can't recount the amount of stories we could tell during our working lives together, there are so many!

Finally, I would just like to say:

Those we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but, always near.
Still loved, still missed, and very dear.

Run free at the Rainbow Bridge Molly, where you will be amongst so many special friends.

Linda and Dave x x x

Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: RIP Molly (aka Molls Dolls) 1/6/2006 - 5/1/2020

Post by Liz5353 »

Oh Lins where do I start, this is so hard.
Beautiful Molly I just admired her calendar photo this morning.
I do know exactly how you feel, it is so so difficult our beautiful girls just not there by our side.
We send you love at this very very sad and difficult time.
Today has been so sad as I try to tell you and Paul how sad I feel.
Thinking of you and sending love, Molly run free beautiful girl you are among friends, rest in peace.
Liz Molly Polly Raisin x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Night night Molls Dolls what can I Say ? only she was a dog in a million.
Assistant Country ranger, fundraiser for rescue ( she added the wow factor ) , companion,comedienne With huge heart of pure gold packed into a lot of dog .

Loved and cherished By Lins and Dave and also by everyone who knew her.

Sleep for a while then go Find all your Buddies be a puppy again ( we will see you on the other side ) xxxx

:cry3:

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Aw Lins, so so sorry to read this. I’ve followed all three (well 4, with Earl) of your beloved pals lives, going back over the years. Although we know they are getting older and older, it still comes as a shock when we read that they have gone. What truly lucky dogs they have all been, and what wonderful lives they have had with you and Dave. Bless them all....Molls Dolls, Scooby (do you remember, I wanted him, but was delighted that he went to you?!) and Niamh.

Horrible time, but the price we pay for loving them.

Big hugs to you and Dave. Xxx :bighug: :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

Oh Lins.

When you replied to my post about Skye I dreaded to think that you had lost Molly.

She had been beside you for so many years as an honourary ranger. We all followed the stories of Molly and Scooby.

I hope that they all meet at the Bridge and swap stories of their happy lives.

Love to you and Dave

Paul
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

I am so so sorry to read this Linda- I had a horrible feeling that you had lost your beautiful girl when I saw your post on the Facebook page . What a wonderful life Molly had with you - I have lots of happy memories of meeting her at the rescue fun days and always loved reading your updates of your days out working on the moors with you . Thinking about you and sending you lots of love .

Love from Gill xxx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Lins so sad to hear about Molly - don’t really know what to say - it’s heartbreaking because we love our dogs so much. Thinking of you and sending loving and caring thoughts.

With love
Pat xx
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

I’m so sorry to read this news Lins - I read your post on Facebook and just had to come on here to confirm what I thought must be true...

She has had the best life with you and from the sounds of it a very peaceful end too.

Sending big hugs and best wishes to you and David.

Run free at the bridge dear Molly
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

So very sorry Lins. We have shared laughs and sorrow over the years with Fudge
Billy Scooby and Mollie. I feel gentleman Fudge will be looking after Mollie somewhere over the rainbow . Love and hugs xx
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Oh, Lins, I’ve just caught up with your heartbreaking news. I’m so so sorry to hear you’ve lost Molls Dolls. I so enjoyed reading all your news about the two of you at work every day and she so clearly loved her time out and about with you as an honorary country ranger. She was such a special girl and your heart will be breaking right now but you did the last kind thing any of us can do for our beloved fur babies and helped her on her way to the Bridge with her dignity intact.
Sending you love and hugs as you remember your beautiful girl and the absolute joy and pleasures you shared with one another. xxx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lins, we are so very sorry to read you have had to say goodbye to your beloved Molly and know the pain you and Dave must be going through at this sad time. Molly was a special girl and will always be remembered by many members on here.

Thinking of you both :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
joan1
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by joan1 »

Our furry companions may leave are side
But they stay in our hearts forever
Please know that we understand
and share your sadness
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

So sorry to read this sad news Lins, plenty of us know what you have gone through over the last week and I’m sending love to you both.

Run free sweet Molly
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

So very sorry Linda and Dave to hear your sad news of your beloved Molly. She had the best life with you both and not forgetting Mr Scooby too.

Thinking of you and sending hugs

Alison and Andrew x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and kind words. It means a lot when it comes from like minded people who know what we are going through.

Still struggling to come to terms with our devastating loss, but, I know it will get easier with time. Everybody has been so kind and considerate.

It's safe to say that Molls Dolls got more sympathy cards through the post than I did birthday cards............and quite rightly so.

Thank you all x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador