Eddie

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GeeBee
New User
New User

Eddie

Post by GeeBee »

It is a week since we took Eddie into our lives. What a wonderful week. He has taken charge of our garden, been to the country park and made some friends, been into town and has splashed in water. He has found balls that we didn't know we had and stuffs them under the settees. Another job for dad and a brush steel. He is eating his food, sleeping through the night and sitting on my knee.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Eddie

Post by Glenys »

Lovely update thankyou if you want any pictures adding let us now
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Great news sounds like he is settling in very well! Thanks for the update.
Jackie x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and sounds like Eddie has soon settled and fallen on all 4 paws, lucky boy :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What a lovely update! Eddie has obviously made himself at home. :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update be happy in your new home little man 🐾🐾♥️♥️
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Lovely update and very pleased that you are settling well Eddie.
Liz Molly Polly Raisin x
GeeBee
New User
New User

Post by GeeBee »

I am writing this with Eddy on my legs and sleeping. He is still a puppy and slowly we are letting him have more time off his lead and to have runs with his new friends at the country park. His life must be totally different now. He has taken total charge of our garden were he runs around with his toys and digs holes. He has one minus. He will not walk downstairs. He runs up but I have had to carry him down twice so we now have a gate to stop him going up. We still think of Winston but having a young dog has speeded up our walking and makes us laugh at the silly things he does.
Due to the current situation he is going to miss out on a caravan holiday so fingers crossed we can go later in the year.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Awww, good to hear how well Eddie has settled in and that he is making you laugh and helping you cope with your loss of Winston.
I remember having to bring one of my past oldies downstairs, bumping down, toddler like, on my bum with a hefty chocolate lab across my lap cos he hadn't quite come to terms with being a bit elderly :2019:. .....
Wishing you lots more fun times ahead
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

It’s lovely to hear that Eddie has brought a lot of happiness and laughter into your life and your comments made me smile too.

Our youngster, Digby, was scared to come downstairs but we persevered with one of us going down backwards with some treats in our hand and we gave him one every time he was brave enough to go down a step until he got to the bottom. Then, of course, he started bounding up and down and we had the problem that he was going down too fast :rofl: Now at 22 months we have a boy who comes down at an acceptable rate (most of the time) but if he’s excited going up is still in the blink of an eye :rofl:
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We love the updates please keep them coming if you need photo adding please send by email to me and I will add them

labrador.rescu@btinternet.com