100 Walks With Teddy – January Update

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nic_gatland
New User
New User

100 Walks With Teddy – January Update

Post by nic_gatland »

I had a wonderful reaction to my post about taking Teddy on 100 different walks in 2020, so I thought I’d do an update and let you know how we’re getting on so far.

The weather has been relatively kind, so we’ve made a cracking start to our 100 Walks challenge…we’ve manged 15 in January!

We definitely won’t be able to keep this pace up - lots of these were close to home so were low hanging fruit really, but we’re very pleased to have made a great start. We’re looking forward to the evenings getting lighter again so we can start exploring a bit further afield before the sun goes down.

I’ve done a quick summary of our walks below and I’ve also included the link to our Instagram page below for all the full details, feel free to follow us:
https://www.instagram.com/100_walks_with_teddy/?hl=en

Hope you all enjoyed reading this, if so then we’ll post again next month :)

Walk 1 = The Salt Line, Alsager, Cheshire – One of Teddys favourites, a lovely flat path with plenty of squirrels to chase.
Walk 2 = The Caldon Canal, Deep Hayes to Endon, Staffordshire – Such a peaceful walk down the towpath with a lovely pub for refreshments.
Walk 3 = The Millennium Green, Audley, Staffordshire – A staple in our village, lots of lovely fields to run through and a little stream to splash in.
Walk 4 = Borrow Pit Meadows, Alsager, Cheshire – A former landfill beautifully transformed into a country park.
Walk 5 = Biddulph Grange Country Park, Biddulph, Staffordshire – A new one for us with absolutely stunning scenery and lots of ducks.
Walk 6 = Church Lawton Circular, Kidsgrove, Staffordshire – A beautiful walk that takes in 2 canals and woods that are full of snowdrops.
Walk 7 = Rudyard Lake Circular, Leek, Staffordshire – A new walk for us but probably not one we’d do again as there were fields of livestock and roads involved, but a lovely place for a little bit of swimming.
Walk 8 = Goldenhill Golf Course, Kidsgrove, Staffordshire – A new walk for us, this abandoned golf course was a brilliant place for Teddy to blast around with his tennis ball.
Walk 9 = Apedale Country Park, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire – One of our favourites, an old mine that has been beautifully transformed into a wonderful place to wander.
Walk 10 = Trent & Mersey Canal, Hassall to Wheelock, Cheshire – A new walk for us that was very muddy but lovely and quiet.
Walk 11 = Leddy’s Field, Audley, Staffordshire – Another staple in our village, lovely fields to run through and a pond that was frozen over.
Walk 12 = Silverdale Country Park, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire – Unbelievably a new walk to us, even though we only live 5 minutes away! A converted coal mine with lovely nods to the past.
Walk 13 = Bateswood Nature Reserve, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire – Teddy’s absolute favourite, an old coal mine transformed into a perfect mix of woods, water and wildflower meadows.
Walk 14 = Bathpool Park, Kidsgrove, Staffordshire – A new walk for us, a beautiful stroll through woodland with a stunning old reservoir in the middle.
Walk 15 = The Gritstone Trail To Mow Cop Castle, Mow Cop, Staffordshire – A new walk for us, challenging to get to the top but stunning views over Staffordshire on one side and Cheshire on the other.
Love Teddy and his Mum & Dad xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: 100 Walks With Teddy – January Update

Post by jackie »

Doing great loved the instagram posts, Teddy is so gorgeous.
Jackie x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Well done Teddy and mum and dad, looking forward to next update.
Liz Molly Polly Raisin x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

I don't know your locality at all but it sounds delightful and your walks very varied.
Teddys favourite, the transformed coal mine, sounds lovely and I can properly see the appeal of woods and water to a Lab!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
joan1
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by joan1 »

Well done Teddy looks like you are enjoying your new adventures
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sounds like your having lots of fun on your adventures, gorgeous boy :love2:

Keep the updates coming.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.