Buying / Acquiring without thought

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Buying / Acquiring without thought

Post by Glenys »

I read on a Face book page someone worried about their puppy the symptoms were worrying and for what I read it had been going on a few days people were recommending Vets to ring etc as it went on I got the gist this was financial it made me sad and annoyed in equal measure my instinct was to make contact but I notice other people were it was a dilemma for me as I felt we could maybe help but why get a pup if you cannot afford to get vet advice ? also dreading what will be a mass dump of animals when God willing we get back to normal getting a pet with no thought to the future is wrong but the type of throwaway society people wouldn't think of this .

The pup we took in the other week from pass the parcel life went immediately into foster he was full of worms ! no vaccination and a nightmare for the fosters who deserve a medal he had been passed around from pillar to post and in the mayhem had no rules no guidance he is now in good hands with Jackie and Thomas he has been wormed and nuetered and is learning everyday their patience is amazing reporting all the disasters with smiles and kind words even managed to get us a discount for neutering magic ! all crossed for Bobby but how many more Bobby's are out there ?.

Written on behalf of our Team xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Buying / Acquiring without thought

Post by jackie »

So sad Glenys isn't it and sadly I think there will be a huge issue once lockdown is over.......some of the breeders I know have been inundated with enquires in the last 4-6 weeks - one had to withdraw an advert for a litter as too many people to deal with. As you say a throw away society :2009:
Jackie x