April anniversary Labrador rescue

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

April anniversary Labrador rescue

Post by Glenys »

Twenty-one years today we left our home and moved to the Malt Kiln farm to continue our work rehoming and rehabilitating unwanted or abandoned Labradors work which started in 1995 it was very risky as the farm is leased so a leap in the dark.
We did not know then how long we would have here.
We had no fencing no kennels we had a modest amount of funds We ordered kennels.
Four to start Sam was still working travelling to work daily to Great Harwood but every spare minute he had worked with me and was handyman kennel cleaner jack of all trades in July of that year the kennels were up the runs were on We were initially loaned some temporary fencing by Bate Scaffolding Neil and Karen now we also had fencing I said to Sam there not much left in the funds Typically Sam simply said that’s what we came her for isn’t it? our first dog arrived at the Farm then the list goes on.
I had the idea of friends of rescue and people soon started to donate a few pounds a month which really helped us keep afloat since then we have made so many friends.
Met so many lovely people and of course our four-legged ones too so many dogs have been and passed through the happy gate going to their happy brighter future.
Do we regret anything? not at all we would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Thank you everyone who made our Dreams come true.
Many people over the years helped ,volunteered and been part of this story they know who they are too many to personally name ,

Love Glenys and Sam xxx