The Story of Sam

Another case of a dog with allergies that needed a special mom and dad who could give him that little extra to overcome his problems..

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Story of Sam

Post by LabRes1 »

Sams new home has now been confirmed

he will be moving to his new forever home soon
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

Lucky people to be getting such a loving companion.
Simba my beautiful boy, you will always be in my heart, I will miss you forever
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

That is great news Ian, I am pleased all is well for this lovely lad, he looks absolutely gorgeous in the photos Jenny has taken. Good luck Sam and his new owners.

Jackie x
BEST 1

Post by BEST 1 »

Most Wonderful News :1951: :1951: :1951:

I am so delighted that Sam has found a loving home. He is adorable. Looks such a gentle and loving gent. I am sure that with TLC, controlled diet and stable surroundings his skin condition will improve and be kept under control.

Good Luck and Best Wishes to Sam and his Family
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Excellent! :1951: :1944: :1951:

Sara, Dave & Bonnie
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

:1952: Great News :1952:
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Wonderful news... good luck Sam in your new home!

Gill x
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Fantastic news :1954: :1954: :1954: :1954:

Bless his heart - he deserves a lovely new home. I would have loved to have had him, but my head had to rule my heart! :2009: :2009:
I'm a tad jealous of the people who are lucky enough to have him!!!!

Looking forward to following his progress.

Marge xx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
radar ears
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by radar ears »

Hi everyone,

I was going to keep quiet until I'd got him, but everyone is so rooting for him, that I've decided to spill the beans and say that (God willing) I'll be taking Sam home with me soon and will be honoured to love and look after him for the rest of his life.

I lost my beloved Mick in February this year, he was 15 years old, my late hubby and I had him from an eight week old bundle of fur !

He was my saviour when Harry died, he used to be (supposedly) asleep in his armchair and I would be having a bit of a cry in the bedroom, when all of a sudden the door would burst open and this huge hound would bound in and climb up on me and lick all my face and neck as if to say "It's all right Mum, I'm here" !

Some years ago my neighbour, John (also widowed) and I became a couple and of course, we were both devastated to lose Mick, (devastated being an understatement).

We both look upon having Sam as not a replacement for Mick, (no-one could ever "replace" him), but as giving another dog a second chance of a loving home and (as with Mick) we will stick by him, even when and if the going gets tough, no problem is insurmountable.

We'll keep everyone posted of how he is getting on and hopefully I'll manage to be able to post some pics, when I get the hang of it!
Mick (my "blondie" Lab) 2nd February 2009 aged 15
Benji (my Collie) 14th September 2010 aged 14½
Bruce (my "blackie" Lab) 8th March 2015 aged 13 (rough guess)
Sam (my "blackie" Lab) 27th April 2015 aged 13

Always with me, xx
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Wonderful news xxxx
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Brilliant news :1944: I'm sure Sam will soon settle in and it will feel as if he's been with you forever. He is certainly a stunning looking boy and I'm sure you will soon get his "problems" sorted.

Looking forward to hearing all about him and your adventures together and seeing all your phots in the future. (I found it difficult to post photos to start with, it took ages to sort it out but there is a thread that gives instructions - still found it difficult. However, now I can do it ok, the secret is once you start, keep putting them on, otherwise you forget how to do it) :1967: :1967:
Joan and George x
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

radar ears wrote:Hi everyone,

I was going to keep quiet until I'd got him, but everyone is so rooting for him, that I've decided to spill the beans and say that (God willing) I'll be taking Sam home with me soon and will be honoured to love and look after him for the rest of his life.

I lost my beloved Mick in February this year, he was 15 years old, my late hubby and I had him from an eight week old bundle of fur !

He was my saviour when Harry died, he used to be (supposedly) asleep in his armchair and I would be having a bit of a cry in the bedroom, when all of a sudden the door would burst open and this huge hound would bound in and climb up on me and lick all my face and neck as if to say "It's all right Mum, I'm here" !

Some years ago my neighbour, John (also widowed) and I became a couple and of course, we were both devastated to lose Mick, (devastated being an understatement).

We both look upon having Sam as not a replacement for Mick, (no-one could ever "replace" him), but as giving another dog a second chance of a loving home and (as with Mick) we will stick by him, even when and if the going gets tough, no problem is insurmountable.

We'll keep everyone posted of how he is getting on and hopefully I'll manage to be able to post some pics, when I get the hang of it!

How lovely. I know from the way you have told your story that Sam will be going to a wonderful home and I am sure he will repay you a thousand fold with love.
Please keep us posted with news and photos.
By the way, what is your real name? I feel a bit silly calling you "Radar Ears"!! :1967: :1968:
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

You will not regret taking Sam home he is the most wonderful boy,so gentle and loving I am sure he will easily fill that large sad space that your old beloved boy has left behind.
Sam is responding very well to his special food and his baths and doesnt smell at all now his ears are lovely and clear when he came in they were awful dried flakes of dead skin and over the many days he has sat there and had his regular ear washes and his drops in he is a total darling.... a best boy ... I cannot say enough wonderful things about hm.
Bless you for wanting to take him into your heart and home.

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Glenys xx
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Great News, I am sure Sam is going to have a wonderful. :occasion7:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Great news, I'm sure he will ease the heartache of losing Mick, look forward to the updates

jan xx
It is never too late.