The Story of Sam

Another case of a dog with allergies that needed a special mom and dad who could give him that little extra to overcome his problems..

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: The Story of Sam

Post by Melliott »

Jill, this thread has had me in tears. Tears for Sam because he has been through so much, then tears for you when you lovingly told the story of your beloved Mick - I could feel how much he meant to you - then tears of joy for Sam, you and John and the lovely life he is going to have with you - this time in his forever home - and the happy times you will share - of that I am in no doubt.

Thank you for giving this lad a chance - he is a VERY special boy - you must be so proud to be his new mummy.

Good luck and we look forward to plenty of pics.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

So happy for Sam and for you and John too Jill. Can't wait to see the pictures. Julie, Dylan, Jasper and Nina
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I cant tell you how special he is everyone loves him and to see hom getting better everyday well... that is beyond price.

He will be the most perfect dog and deserves so much to be spoiled.
Some dogs come in rescue and get right under the skin...this is such a dog.
A perfect gentleman.
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

What lovely news. I fell in love with Sam as soon as I saw his story. I am sure he will have a wonderful life.

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

This is wonderful news. I don't blame you for spilling the beans Jill, your excitement really shows.

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
radar ears
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by radar ears »

I never usually allow myself to get excited about anything, never have done, even as a child, then when it doesn't work out, you don't get disappointed.

Recently, "I dropped my guard" and did allow myself to look forward to something, although in my heart of hearts, I had a feeling that it would all go "pear-shaped".

However, I have always had the viewpoint, that if something is not meant to be, then something will be put in your way to stop it and guide you to take another path.

This is exactly what has happened with Sam, something was put in our way that lead us to Sam, and I'm sure glad it did.

This time, I KNOW that Sam will definitely be mine and John's and that's why maybe, this time, I've let a little bit of excitement escape !! (lol) :bounce:
Mick (my "blondie" Lab) 2nd February 2009 aged 15
Benji (my Collie) 14th September 2010 aged 14½
Bruce (my "blackie" Lab) 8th March 2015 aged 13 (rough guess)
Sam (my "blackie" Lab) 27th April 2015 aged 13

Always with me, xx
Seamusmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Seamusmum »

It sounds like Sam is going to have a wonderful life with you.

As you said yourself, it looks like it was certainly meant to be.

May you all have years of happiness together.

Katie x
Katie xx
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

He stretches out but if in the back as he was the first time I took hom to the vets when you stop he pops his head up to see what is happening.When we went to the vet the other day with Rhianna, he sat on the back seat,and just lay there,not a problem at all. He has got under all our skin, he is such a wonderful gentle boy,he deserves the very best, and I am sure you will be giving him that...
radar ears
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by radar ears »

He'll sort himself out I expect, what he wants to do, it's just that I want him to be comfy on a long journey.

My late hubby used to have many strange "sayings" one of which was "water always finds it's own level"
Mick (my "blondie" Lab) 2nd February 2009 aged 15
Benji (my Collie) 14th September 2010 aged 14½
Bruce (my "blackie" Lab) 8th March 2015 aged 13 (rough guess)
Sam (my "blackie" Lab) 27th April 2015 aged 13

Always with me, xx
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Been away for the weekend so only just caught up with this post. I am so thrilled that all has turned out great for Sam as he sound and looks such a lovely lad.

Reading your posts Jill I can feel the exitement and I am convinced he was sent for you.

Enjoy your new life Sam sweetheart.

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:occasion7: :occasion7: :occasion7:
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

Oh Jill - I'm so pleased that you, John and Sam have found each other. It sounds like this very special boy is going to a very special couple.

:1973: :1973: :1973:

Good Luck in your Forever Home Sam - you truly deserve it you gorgeous boy. :1971:

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Blake - My Special Boy, Forever In My Heart
playpen
Senior User
Senior User

Post by playpen »

radar ears wrote:Funny question Kathryn, but does he prefer to sit up or stretch out, because I have an estate car and I was going to put the back seats down and put a nice big quilt in the back so he could go to sleep on the way home if he wanted.
Regards
Jill
"DONT FORGET THE PILLOW" :1963: :1968:

Seriosly

Another miracle for the rescue. :1963: :1941: :1941: :1941:
HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

A fabulous ending. Looking forward to seeing some photos of Sam when he gets settled in to his fantastic new home. He's a stunner :1973: :1973: :1973: :1973: :1973:

.....Jill, we adopted Blakey last December, at 6 years old. I've come to the conclusion that 6/7 is not old!!! We are now firm converts to the 'older' dog!! Plenty of life in them :1961: :1961:

Wishing you all many happy years together.

Marge xxxx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

Best wishes for your life together with Sam. Fudge came to live with us when he was six and now at twelve is only just starting to slow down.

Marie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What wonderful news Jill. Just re-visited this thread and the thought of the lovely Sam going to such a lovely home brought a tear to my eyes (again!).

I look forward to hearing all about how he settles in and the pictures too when you can.
Jackie