Rhianna aka Anna

A little lady who arrived at rescue suffering from stress, loss if coat and a skin condition - who is now on the way to recovery a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rhianna aka Anna

Post by baileysmum »

Anna went to the vets yesterday, I dragged along my sons girlfriend and decided not to put Anna in a cage whilst travelling to the vets. As she can get a little bit excited in cars but she was as good as gold. No jumping around or trying to climb over the seats to sit on your lap.

She is doing extremely well now on her walks she still walks a little way ahead of you but doesn't pull or strain as much.

She does occassionally bark at the odd dog that passes by but generally she just wants to go over have a sniff and say hello. All the local dog walkers now stop and have a chat and find out how she is doing. She's becoming a little bit of a star round my local dog walking haunts. We have even met and chatted to a forum member off the Golden Retriever Rescue website who has two rescue Goldens.

Okay back to the vets:

I think she's a little bit famous at the vets - all the receptionists came around from the behind the desk to give her a stroke and tell her what a beautiful little girl she was and how much better she is looking. :1952:

To be honest as I see her everyday I dont notice it as much.

We went into the consulting room for the vet to have a look at her and he was quite pleased with the way she looked he said that she looks a lot better since last week when he saw her.

She is still a little bit pink on her face and her chest but last week she was red - so a vast improvement.

Anyway he has taken some blood in case the rescue want to go ahead with any tests, although he thinks that the combination of food/baths/piriton seem to be helping to control her condition.

She is fed twice a day with her special food.
Two piriton in the food and a Malesab bath every other day.

The baths are not a struggle either all you have to do is wet her and rub the shampoo onto her leave it on for 10 mins then rinse off. And she actually stands there for 10 mins waiting patiently as long as your there and talking to her she doesn't mind. And she even rolls over for you to towel dry her.

I will try and take some pictures today and put them on but I will wait until she has had her bath and is looking pretty. :1939:
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you Karen for the update will arrange for tests to be done only the best for this girl as with all our special cases.
Thankyou also for caring for her and hoping fr a forever home soon.
Catch up monday xx
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

A couple of pictures from last weekend.

kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks for the update Karen and thankyou so much for giving her this chance I am sure your TLC is helping her get better much quicker...great pictures she looks so much better...
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

Doesn't she look so much happier . Lovely pictures.

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Karen she looks happy. Love the pictures :1973:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Wow she is looking great, ssoo happy and content in those pictures. IMHO this is the cure - love, stability and attention, she is already blossoming in your care, few more weeks and this girl will not be recognisable. You are doing a great job :1945:

Jackie x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Well done Karen. She is a credit to you and looks really happy. Thanks for your care and attention, she will make somebody a lovely addition to the family.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Well we thought we would mix it up a little bit. I have had a long standing arrangement with a friend of mine to watch her dog while she is away for a week.

Gill my friend is off to meet her boyfriend in Bahrain for some R&R (must admit not much R&R going on they've not seen each other for 5 months!!!) He's in the Royal Navy.

Anyways Skye is one of the most placied bordie collies I have met she is such a sweetie she is now 6 years old but we have now re-named her boss lady. If Anna and Bailey set off playfighting she grumbles at them and they behave........bloomin miracle :1954:

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about introducing another dog into "Karen's dogsrus" as my neighbour Tony now calls me. But Anna has been absolutely superb she just gets on with it. Bless her.

Anna met my mum and dad for the first time yesterday. Now just to get things straight my mum and dad are not huge dog fans, especially my mum, well my mum took one look at Anna and said and I quote

"She reminds me of an Al Pacino dog" :1968: :1968: :1968:

She meant "Albino"

She isn't the sharpest tool in box is my mother. :2009:

This from a lady who calls the DVD player an "STD" player how my dad puts up with her I will never know. :2019: :2019:

The other comments were "she's a bit bald". Well my dad cracked off laughing and said "kettle calling pot black" my mum lost all of her hair when she had chemo a few months back.

Anyway to cut a long story short, within 10 mins and having Anna sat in her lap my mum was "hooked, lined and sinkered" this is the effect that Anna has on people. All she wants is a big cuddle.

Bailey is being an absolute saint he's over-run with females at the moment - bless him - but he's taking it all in his stride. Still won't share his toys with anyone though :2009: :2009:
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Oh Karen she's looking brilliant, you're working wonders with her! She's such a lovely girl and deserves the best chance in life. Well done!! :1972:

Gill x
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

Won't it be a shame when you let her got to another home?

Wouldn't you like to keep her yourself?

Jenny
xxxxxx
Simba my beautiful boy, you will always be in my heart, I will miss you forever
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Karen, thanks to you and your loving care and attention, she looks a different dog altogether. She now looks like a 'proper Labrador'. :1951:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Can't believe this lovely girl hasn't got a new home yet after all the lovely updates and pictures from Karen.

Bumping her up

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

I cant understand why she is still waiting for her forever home, she is just a pure delight to have around.

Bump
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Don't loose heart. You usually find that the dogs that have to wait a while or have something wrong with them go to the most wonderful homes. Anna will find her forever home soon. Alhough they will have to be pretty darn good to give her the time and love that you are giving her. :1956:

Bump for Anna :1973:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )