Rhianna AKA Anna part two

A little lady who arrived at rescue suffering from stress, loss if coat and a skin condition - who is now on the way to recovery a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Rhianna AKA Anna part two

Post by Glenys »

As the thread is now on 8 pages here is the new thread I am going to put link in to the old thread for new readers / vistors.

http://www.homealabrador.net/bb/viewtop ... &start=105
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rhianna AKA Anna part two

Post by Lins »

Good idea Glenys. I hope this turns out to be a short thread for Anna's (and Karen's) sake. Karen, you are doing an amazing job on this little girl, all credit to you.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

I am pleased to say that Anna is looking much better today she is back to her shade of pale pink rather than red.

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet (modest me.....never) but I would like to think that it is me thats making her better...... :1939: :1939: :1939:

Also from me going away to coming back her hair loss has improved considerably Im down to sweeping up twice a day instead of 4 - 5 times a day, which isn't a problem but Anna's favourite game is playing tug of war with the sweeping brush, believe me for such a little petite girl she is quite strong.

We have also noticed a little trick she can do. When she greets either myself or Neil if either one of us have been out she jumps up but she manages to get her hind legs off the floor too.... she looks like a little kangaroo.... so now I'm thinking of buying a skipping rope or hula hoop :1961:

As this dog is little and petite and also FAST with some training we are wondering agility/flyball, might actually try and do some playing on the field at the back of ours anyone any ideas what we could use to give it a go just for fun. As she doesn't get much chance to play with anything as Bailey is still a meanie with the toys.

Mmmmm maybe she could be the next Gin off BGT :1967:

Anyway its off to the vets tomorrow for a check-up and some bloods. Will keep you all posted.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Good news Karen, I think you may be right she does seems to like ladies....good luck at the vets,let us know how you get on..(& Mr Hunky vet. :1939: )...
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Karen, of course it's down to you that Anna is improving! Nothing works better than a nice bit of love and attention.

Bonnie also jumps off the floor (one of us is trying to stop her...don't know what started it off) she is also small and quick like Anna.

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I agree it is most certainly down to your care Karen, have to say she sounds a little angel :1973:

Jackie x
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Another little bump x
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Got an update form Karen the vet is happy with Anna's progress and seems to think she is much better, she has to keep up with the Malesab baths and Piriton, and prescription food.

He seems to think that it maybe controlled by these methods,am sure Karen will be along later to update us...

If anyone is serious about giving this girl a home please contact us.Please remember she musnt be left long periods as she was left for 12hrs before on her own, and she loves company of both adults and other dogs....
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Hey Ho its me Anna,

Well Ive been to visit the handsome Ben today (that's my vet) and its not only me that thinks he's handsome, Aunty Karen was positively swooning in the surgery. But don't tell her Ive told you and don't let Uncle Neil find out either.

Aunty Karen took me in Uncle Neil's van and guess what I don't even need to be in my cage anymore for travelling I just lie on my big cushion and nod off.

Aren't I good girl :1944: :1944:

Ben had a really good look at me and declared that Im looking "beltin" :1944:

(thats Wigan speak for looking good). :1967:

He did take me through to the back to take my blood, which hurt a little bit but I didn't mind as I had him all to myself for a little while and sneaked a cuddle off him. (Anuty Karen was soooo jealous he he) but after having a good look at me he thinks that Im doing fine and feels at this time that it might not be necessary to have tests done.

So if anyone would like to adopt me all you need to do is the following:

2 piriton twice a day.
Malesab bath 2-3 times a week.
Feed me my special food twice a day.

"Simples" as Uncle Neil says.

Love and cuddles Anna
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Dear Anna, thanks for the update. Karen has certainly taken exceptionally good care of you, and I am sure that your forever home is just around the corner. Good luck little girl.

Thanks again to Karen for all her kindness.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Well Ive been to visit the handsome Ben today (that's my vet) and its not only me that thinks he's handsome, Aunty Karen was positively swooning in the surgery. But don't tell her Ive told you and don't let Uncle Neil find out either.

Aunty Karen behave yourself...(.but I know what you mean... :1939: )
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Great update, I am pleased that Anna is improving.....can't believe she is still waiting for her forever home, she looks and sounds such a gorgeous girl :1973:

Jackie x
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Hi Anna

Glad to hear you are improving. I too have allergies and funny skin - same here - 2 piriton, malaseb baths and special food for me but I don't mind - I am such a happy dog. I'm allergic to dust mites, storage mites and penicillin spores that are in the air (I seem to suffer more in the summer). My mum says I am a real character and she loves me to bits. I like nothing better than having a good rawl on the floor with my dad (hoover at the ready!!). I am sure that somewhere out there is your perfect forever home. We may need that little bit of extra looking after but we give that back a thousand times over. Whoever is lucky enough to adopt you will never look back. Hope it's not too long before you find your forever home but in the meantime enjoy yourself with Aunty Karen. My mum is really jealous about your vet - our vet is called Chris Evans!!! and definitely not as handsome as your Ben! :1967:

Lots of love :1971:

Dylan xx
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

I can't believe this little girl is still waiting for her forever home.

When you look at her topic on the Labradors looking for homes thread she has had over 10,000 views.

I wonder if this is a record.