Christmas Presents with Waggy Tails and the reality!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joanne and Kieran

Re: Christmas Presents with Waggy Tails and the reality!

Post by Joanne and Kieran »

Ann I was thinking the same earlier about the vet, but I suppose if they do that once where do they draw the line

On a positive the dogs are now going to enjoy the life they deserve and find forever homes which will be full of love and care
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Our Vets are very good we have a slight discount but they cant do for one rescue what they may be expected to do for others they just wouldnt be able to we understand that they also will advise us to check we havent got a supply of things already before prescibimg items therefore saving us money we trust them and I am sure they will give us the best of their experience on Monday.

This has been a bolt from the blue for us as compared with the big Charities we are tiny but we are all working together to help the girls and their pups when they arrive we have had interest in giving the young mums a home after maternal duties are done so all in all thank you everyone for your continued support.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I have made Barry sit and read this post with me.
I will do my best to help and will watch the site carefully.
Elizabeth and Bobby
xx
HAPPY NEW DOGGY YEAR!!!
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

I know that they are now all in the best place they could possibly be and that makes me very happy!

:thumbright:
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Sometimes I read things on this site and I have to go away and ponder before I write a response, as I try hard not to be judgmental. On this occasion I have thought long and hard all afternoon after reading this but the sheer irresponsibility of what has happened here astounds me.

I guess the one single saving grace is that the owner had the sense to return the dogs to the breeder and not just dump them or worse.

My heart goes out to these poor girls, little more than babies themselves, about to have pups of their own and hope that all goes well with them.

What a shocking start to the year.

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
madjack

Post by madjack »

I, too, have 4 children as some of you will know. I make every effort to treat them equally, however......
a dog looked after correctly is very hard work. My kids range from 5 years to almost 12. I insist that they take turns to feed Georgie and make sure she has fresh water. At the weekend, the older two are expected to come along on the walks. I feel it is right that they grow up realising what it means to care for a dog (or dogs) and hope that this will make them responsible owners as adults.
By being so involved, it also means they experience first hand the joy that happy dogs can bring. The result? Probably a very spoilt Georgie as no-one seems to mind the chores where she is concerned. Instead they argue who gets to carry the poo bags and biscuits!!!
I'm sure the gift of a puppy each is one move this dad will never make again, and thankfully ALL the puppies (mummies and babies) will find great homes.

Arlene,xx.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Arlene - it's a pity that the person who bought these dogs in the first place doesn't have the same family values as you. What on earth type of message has this given out to those kids? And to give them up on Christmas Eve of all days?? I have every sympathy with people who fall on hard times, but the timing of this is very suspect. Looks like they were given up just in time for Santa to deliver some new presents.
When I was a child, even if my parents were hard up, they'd never have had the heart to take my dog away.

Anyway, I posted earlier and will reiterate what I said in my first posting - what's done is done. I have a feeling (in my water!) with all our help and support, this can turn into a success story. The positive thing about this is that the dogs and pups (when they come) all have age on their side.

Marge xx
:love5:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Well I have seen and heard it all now. Although this man was clearly being very over indulgent with his children lets remember he did the right thing and took the dogs back to the breeder. They could have ended up on the street then in the pound and then of course on death row. Yes he was silly but he had the decency to realise that he had more than his hands full. I would like to think he has donated some monies towards the costs of all this?

Jackie x
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

I'm not worried at all !!!

I KNOW all the dogs and pups will have the VERY BEST treatment and attention now they are in the hands of Glenys & Co !

Plus the guidance of Ian, our 'TOP-DOG' LabRes1

Donation on it's way !! :thumbright:
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

Oh Martin - Top Dog I'm definately not - That has to be Glenys - I'm just webby and fundraiser...
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

If someone sends me the photo's I'll compile a Photographic / Appeal / Progress Report, Slideshow !

( Sorry Ian.... Top Webby ! Owzat ? !! )

Thanks ! :thumbright:
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

LabRes1 wrote:Oh Martin - Top Dog I'm definately not - That has to be Glenys - I'm just webby and fundraiser...
Maybe not top dog, but where would all the needy dogs be without an ace fundraiser eh????

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

Sara this rescue was running for a long time before I got involved and trust me, with Glenys' love of dogs it would keep on going for a long time after i was gone (not that i'm going anywhere!)..

I just support a wonderful woman in whatever way I can because like everyone else I think this rescue is something special..
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

LabRes1 wrote:Sara this rescue was running for a ong time before I got involved and trust me, with Glenys' love of dogs it would keep on going for a long time after i was gone (not that i'm going anywhere!)..

I just support a wonderful woman in whatever way I can because like everyone else I think this rescue is something special..
As Billy said ....absolutely!!!!

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous