Christmas Presents with Waggy Tails and the reality!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Christmas Presents with Waggy Tails and the reality!

Post by triomum »

I couldn't believe this post when I read it (or maybe I could believe it but would prefer not too!!!). Yes the man that bought the dogs is a complete idiot (to put it mildly!) but what about the breeder - who in their right mind sells four dogs to the same person at the same time - unless it's for the money? When we bought Jasper and Nina together (brother and sister), our breeder deliberated for a long time before she finally agreed that we could have them together - she explained that it would be easier in terms of them settling in but harder in terms of training them together etc. And ours weren't bought as presents either - it was something we'd thought long and hard about. When is 'someone' in authority going to make it very very difficult for pups to be sold in this way - it makes my blood boil!! At least they are in a safe place now.

Rant over.

Julie
:2012: :2012:
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Actually Julie I had exactly the same thought as you a couple of days ago when I first read this post about the breeder. And they are in the best place you're right.

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

True but he aslo did take them back which many wouldnt have done especially four so we can forgive him.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Hmm I had assumed that he had got all four dogs from four different breeders.....now this is quite worrying as it could mean the pups just born are related :2019:

Jackie x
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

triomum wrote:I couldn't believe this post when I read it (or maybe I could believe it but would prefer not too!!!). Yes the man that bought the dogs is a complete idiot (to put it mildly!) but what about the breeder - who in their right mind sells four dogs to the same person at the same time - unless it's for the money? When we bought Jasper and Nina together (brother and sister), our breeder deliberated for a long time before she finally agreed that we could have them together - she explained that it would be easier in terms of them settling in but harder in terms of training them together etc. And ours weren't bought as presents either - it was something we'd thought long and hard about. When is 'someone' in authority going to make it very very difficult for pups to be sold in this way - it makes my blood boil!! At least they are in a safe place now.

Rant over.

Julie
:2012: :2012:

Julie, that was my first thought, too!!!
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

I know you all must be busy, but any news on Storm & Roses' scans yet?
Here's hoping that they are both ok. (I hope Storm's not going to be another little mum to be!)

love Alison & Charlie XXX
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

New threads started Alison

I will be updating the donations and expenses information later when I get to speak to Glenys and find out the cost of the scans etc
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

I was shocked when i first read this. How could any reputable breeder allow anyone to take four puppies to live in the same house, unless it was a puppy farm - they don`t care.
All the dogs and puppies will now be able to find new forever homes where they will truely be wanted and loved. Good luck to them all.
Linda