Rose Update

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Springfield

Rose Update

Post by Springfield »

A quick update for you all. Yesterday Rose had quite a restless evening, so we prepared the maternity wing. Welping pen built, (check), phone charged (check), towels collected (check), vet number by the pen (check) plenty of paper (thank you playpen!) (check) clean bedding, (check) and we settled down ready to alert Carol the minute we thought things were moving. :1963:
She panted, lots, got up and down, lots, looked at her tummy, lots, so the anticipation mounted. :bounce: Hubby went to bed at twelve and I settled down on the settee. By two oclock Rose was snoring quietly by the settee so I decided it probably wouldnt be anytime soon. I put her in her bed and went myself. By three oclock she was barking and crying so I got back up. But again she settled down to sleep showing no puppy signs (Ive read all the books!). :dontknow:

At seven this morning I woke up with a start and my first though was I'd missed it. But no, no puppies.

She has been out for a walk this morning with the gang, a little frustrated she had to stay on a lead, but soon settled with them all. And Now ....................

Will keep you all posted

Shes resting and still no signs. The vet suggested she wouldnt get past Wednesday as the puppies on the scan looked full term already, I guess Rosie wasnt listening :1968:
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rose Update

Post by janhind »

Isnt she just beautiful, she seems to be in really good health, i hope it all goes as smoothly as gracie.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

She is just beautiful and luckily in the best place possible. Hope everything goes smoothly and lovely mum and pups will be safe and sound. Bless her, again she is just a little one herself.

You and Carol are doing the most amazing job! x
Emma
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks Sue for the update I guess you must be watching her like a hawk at the moment ( I know I would be!) but know that Carol (Chief maternity ward sister) is at hand your end and glenys on the other end of the phone hopefully things will go well...got some papers here is you or Carol need anymore.
K.x
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

What a beautiful girl! Hope all goes well for her. Thank you Sue, and all concerned with her care. You are great people.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

I agree she is a beauty, seems you may have another sleepless night ahead of you!! Good luck Sue. :thumbup:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
natty

Post by natty »

Any time now :love3: litter number two.

what a pretty little dog Rose is :love3:
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

You're doing a wonderful job Sue. I remember when my friends Bouvier (?) was having pups and I was on standby to help - we found the only thing that helped was whelping cake (for us, not the dog!) - it passes the time and comforts you too. Only problem is, by the time the pups were 8 weeks old we'd consumed rather a lot of it (doesn't matter what sort of cake - any will do!) and we needed to loose some of the extra pounds!!

Fingers crossed her for Rose.

Julie, Nina, Dylan & Jasper
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Great job Sue. If her puppies are as beutiful as Mum they will go like hot cakes. She looks really well.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Sue she is so beautiful. :1973: :1973: :1973: The name Rose suits her. Lets hope it will not be long now.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

Got all fingers crossed here Sue that Rose gives birth early on tonight so you can get some sleep afterwards - you're going to be exhausted by the weekend I think if you're not already!
As said by others - Rose is a gorgeous looking lab and I bet the puppies are going to be irresistable too :love5:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

:love5: :love5: :love5:
She is stunning isn't she??
Good for the birth!!
Gemma x
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

She is a beauty! Good luck Rose.

:love3:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Sue glad you read the book now let Rose read it :thumbright: .
She will show signs like tearing up papers etc.. you will know when time is right.
Good Luck Sue and thank you for what you are doing.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

She is so beautiful and still a baby herself.

Good luck Rose and good luck Sue.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home