The morning after!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Springfield

Re: The morning after!

Post by Springfield »

Rose and her puppies have been to the vet and all is well :1954: :1954: The vet had a quick check of the pups and said they all seemed fine and of a good size (Rose would like to know for who?!) :1962:

Rosie had to stay and have an xray to check that nothing was left especially after the scan results on Friday, but luckily she is fine. She has had an injection just to help her get rid of the last bit of placenta that didnt arrive last night and is on a course of antibiotics just as a precaution.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: Great news Sue I am so pleased she is ok and the pups are too! A huge relief for you no doubt.

Ann x

:love2: :love2: :love2:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Fantastic news. Glad all went well at the vets. Looking at the size of the puppies, no wonder Rosie is tired, they aren't small are they! Well done to all concerned and for keeping us all in the "picture". They are beautiful. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Wonderful news, so pleased Rosie has had the all clear. Hope you can get some rest tonight!

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Thank you Sue for posting photos and taking time to let us know how Rose is doing. You must be shattered today after everything that has happened.

I am delighted that Rose and her pups are doing well - they are adorable :love5: :love2:
Springfield wrote:Rosie had to stay and have an xray to check that nothing was left especially after the scan results on Friday, but luckily she is fine.
I am curious and I hope no-one minds me asking, but why was it that the vet could only register 2 heartbeats when there were 5 healthy pups?

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
Bold Barney
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bold Barney »

Wellell done all of you for your dedication and care. I would love to have another Lab but my Barney is enough for me. I see a bottle in Pic 4.... not Double Diamond by any chance. I believe it used to work wonders!!! Julia and her Bold Barney,.
Julia, Bold Barney and Bouncy Bessy
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Fabulous! Well done to all of you - especially keeping everyone updated as events progressed. You deserve medals, all of you :love3: :love3: :love3:

It's going to be lovely seeing the pups grow.

Marge xx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

So glad that all is well with Rosie and the pups, she has done brilliantly for one so young.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely photos they look very well, well done to you for helping Rose through this stressful time. Loved the bottle of beer in the background of one of the pictures :1968: I think you will need a few of those now!

Jackie x
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

What a gorgeous family they make! So glad that Rose and the pups are doing well!
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

Well done to everyone!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:love2: :love2: :love2:
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

Lovely news - I've been thinking about Rose all weekend.

So glad everything went well and both mum and pups are OK. :love2: Well done Rose AND Sue.

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Blake - My Special Boy, Forever In My Heart
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Well done Rose and the Maternity team, the pups look nice and strong. What a relief that it's all over and that mum and pups are well. Does placenta retention happen often with dogs and will she be ok now that she's had the injection and antibiotics?

I've really enjoyed being "involved" with the birth of all these pups so thanks again for all the updates. My OH is amazed as I've been so excited and have been passing on all the updates to members of the family. :bounce:

Joan x
Joan and George x
Jenny Canham

Post by Jenny Canham »

That's wonderful news!!
Jennyxx
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

arlyj wrote:I am curious and I hope no-one minds me asking, but why was it that the vet could only register 2 heartbeats when there were 5 healthy pups?

Arlyn x
By the second scan the pups were very big and it was very difficult to see on the screen. :3497:

The vet spent a long time moving the scan around to try and see how many pups there were and to detect the flicker of the heart valves on screen. I think they must have been presenting their bottoms to us!
Scans can only give you an indication (and on this occasion a scare!) and the vet can only say what they see. 8) The vet could only find two heartbeats, but did say there could be more hidden behind. I must admit I saw several 'bodies' on screen where the heart couldnt be detected. I think the vet was also concerned that Rose looked like she should be getting on with it, and as she wasnt, it could have suggested that there werent enough live babies to produce the hormone to start labour.
Im just glad they did get it wrong, it was a horrible feeling waiting for Rose to deliver dead puppies, so each one was greeted by Carol and I with delight and relief! :love4: