Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jenny Canham

Re: Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Post by Jenny Canham »

She's definitely looking better and most of all happy and loved!

Well done Karen!

Jennyxx
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Hello Everyone

Autumn here again, just to let you know that I have really well and truly settled in now at Aunty Karen's.

The only problem is I am still smelling a little bit, but no doubt with my "spa treatments" that will get better. To be honest I was curled up on the end of the sofa with Uncle Neil and I honestly thought it was his feet that smelt but no..... it was me.

The house has now been equally divided Aunty Karen says, me and Aunty Karen cuddle up on the two seater sofa and Uncle Neil and Bailey are on the 3 seater sofa, its ace especially now that Matthew has left home. He moved out yesterday so it's just me, Bailey and Uncle Neil and Aunty Karen....no Matt coming in at all hours disturbing my beauty sleep.

Aunty Karen can't beleive how quiet I am - I haven;t barked once yet, the only sound I make is a contented rumble when she is rubbing my ears.....now that I love.

Had a really good surprise today, Aunty Karen went to see Aunty Glenys to pick up some more of my special food and guesss what...............

Uncle Sam had found some special treats just for me.....all to myself and I don't have to share with Bailey if I don't want too........ but I will if he asks me nicely though.

Well anyway I just thought I would pop on and say hello to all you lovely people and just to keep you posted on how I am getting on. I think I am going to the vets early next week to have some tests so hopefully when they come back we should know more about why I keep loosing my hair.
But I'm not itching, Aunty Karen still thinks a lot of it is stress related, believe me living with two children is stressful, as Aunty Karen says "yep it is.....Ive done it for 20 years" he he he but she does love them really. More so now they've gone she says.

Anyway must dash, getting ready to go out for a little walk, see you soon.

Love Autumn.

Mwwahhhhh (big kiss)
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

How lovely to hear from you Autumn. you sound as if you have settled in really well. Bless you! :love5:
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update Autumn i'm really happy for you that you are getting lots of cuddles and feeling better.

Ann x

:love5:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Thank you for the update Autumn, sounds as if you are coming on leaps and bounds! You must thank your Aunty Karen from us all for looking after you so well x
Emma
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Lovely update, glad Autumn is settled, it must be good for her condition.

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Aww Autumn, sounds like your Auntie Karen is working her magic on you :love3:

Will be interesting to hear what the test results show, but in the meantime, keep on with those ear rubs

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Ah Autumn, what a lovely update, you sound like you are having a great time, glad you are feeling better and enjoy the treats.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks for the update Autumn,and thanks to Aunty Karen & Uncle Neil for looking after you so well...
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a lovely update Autumn. Thank you for taking time out from ear rubs to let us know how you are getting on. You are a lovely girl. :love5:
Jackie
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Great update glad you like the special non allergenic treats sam found for you which a kind person donated at Christmas xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

What a gorgeous girl Autumn is and I quite like her name, suits her colouring. Well done Karen and Neil for helping her.....you two really are special people :love3:

Jackie x
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Hello everyone,

How exciting was last night, all those lovely babies being born and Rosie doing really well.

I must admit I'm glad its not me, don't think I would have coped as well as Gracie and Rose, but that is something I don't need to worry about because I've been "fixed" so no babies for me.

Well I am still having my "spa treatments" and on my special food, but I have been a little bit naughty, Im really quick at hoovering up any food that is dropped on the floor thats if Bailey doesn't get to it before me. Especially when Uncle Neil is cooking.

But whatever I have eaten hasn't bothered me in the slightest, I haven't itched for ages and the injection that the vet gave me last saturday that would stop me itching has worn off so that is good news.

Aunty Karen and Uncle Neil were laughing at me last night I decided to play fight with Bailey, we had some good fun hurtling around the house with me barking. It was a bit of a shock for them as they hadn't heard me bark before.

When were out walking Aunty Karen is learning me a new trick, she is trying to teach me to come back to the sound of a whistle, and if I say so myself Im not doing to badly. Only trouble is I can be easily distracted as I have to say hello to everyone and any dog I see. I think Aunty Karen thought it was too good to be true that my recall was that good when I first arrived, but we are working on it. And I also have to learn not to jump up when I say hello to people as this morning I made a lady's white coat a little bit dirty. :(

I have met some new friends too, there is a girl the same colour as me called Keaney (i think her dad might be a united fan lol) and a big handsome black boy called Darcy, and this morning I met a really old dog who isn't well called Mollie she didn't want to run around a play though.

I am going to visit the vet this week, so I will let you all know how I get on.

Bye for now

mwwwahhhhhh

Autumn.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely to hear that your personality is coming out Autumn! Glad to hear you've found the confidence to use your voice too - just don't overdo it though!!!
Sounds like you're really happy - Auntie Karen and Uncle Neil must be doing a wonderful job!!
:1954: :1954:
Gemma x
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Lovely update, glad Autumn is finding her feet. Must admit the only time Bonnie barks is when she is playing with Bella, which is quite a lot really!! I never know when there is anyone at the door, Maybe Bella will be able to tell me when she grows up!

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous