Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Post by gillyb »

What a lovely update, Autumn sounds like she is really settled in and glad to hear she is feeling a lot better. Reuben very rarely barks, he was about 12 months old before he found his voice. I think he scared himself to death the first time he made any noise :1966:

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update Autumn is sounds as if you're a little better and your personality is beginning to shine a little which is wonderful news. Glad you aren't itchy anymore it must be a huge relief.

Keep getting better

Ann x

:love2: :love2:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Lovely update, Autumn. You sound as if you are doing really well and I'm so glad to hear your itching is getting better. What a good foster mum and dad you have in Aunt Karen and Uncle Neil.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Glad to hear that your feeling much better and not itching.Autumn you seem to be enjoying yourself and that you are happy.Auntie Karen and Uncle Neil are taking good care of you.Hope all goes well at the vets.

Love Kay .x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Autumn, what a lovely update - you sound like you are being a really good girl - Barney likes to say hello to other dogs too but he is learning the whistle like you.

Look forward to more updates and pics.

Hope you get on OK at the vets.

Lots of love

Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Aren't you the lucky one Autumn having the two best foster parents you could have ever wished for. I'm really pleased you are doing so well, just don't pick too much food up off the floor or you might just get yourself into trouble. :1961:

Look forward to hearing from you again and some more piccys. Good luck at the vets. :love5:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What a fab update Autumn - I was thinking about you only today :1961: :1961:

You are quite clearly in the best home possible and getting the very best of care. Don't worry about nicking a bit of food off the floor - Blakey does that given half the chance. In fact, he spends most of his life waiting to see if anything is going to drop off the kitchen worktop!

Good luck with your tests - once they find out what the problem is, you'll soon be sorted, especially in Aunty Karen and Uncle Neil's hands. You'll be even more beautiful than you are now, in no time :love5: :love5:

Marge xx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Borderreiver
New User
New User

Post by Borderreiver »

I'm loving reading about Autumn and her progress. Fostering must be the hardest thing though, how on earth will you be able to give her up when the day comes?
natty

Post by natty »

thanks for the update. so glad she is picking up.
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Lovely update!!! You sound a real little treasure!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:love2: :love2: :love2:
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Borderreiver wrote:I'm loving reading about Autumn and her progress. Fostering must be the hardest thing though, how on earth will you be able to give her up when the day comes?
It will be hard beleive me, but I do have to think of Autumn likewise with Anna.

When Anna came she was my first foster dog, but at the time my circumstances wouldn't allow another dog to stay. But as time went on I realised that perhaps I wasn't the best person to become Anna's mum, I hasten to add nothing to do with Anna or myself but I felt she needed more than we could offer as a family.

And as it turns out it was the best decision for Anna as you have all read she is having a wonderful life with her new mum Ruth. So in my heart I knew that I was making the right decision.

I do think that you have to put the dog first and consider what they need rather than your feelings at the time and look at the bigger picture. Consider will they fit in for the next so and so years, what could possibly change in the next so and so years, wiegh up the pro's and con's so to speak. Think with your head and not your heart.

But Autumn is a little darling she will make someone a wonderful companion and friend. :love6:

She is due at the vets on Thursday evening so will know more then and will keep you posted.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely to read the updates on Autumn. Sounds like she's really progressing well with your special love and care.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Thanks for such a fabulous update on Autumn :1963: That's really good news that the itching is under control.

Karen and Neil you are doing an amazing job

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi Karen,

Hope all went well at the vets.Look forward to Autumns updates.

Kay. x
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

Hi everyone,

Thought I would post an update about Autumn as it has been awhile.

She is doing really well, she has managed to gain some weight, she now weighs it at just over 23 kgs. She seems to be thriving on the James Wellbeloved she is still having her "spa treatment" twice a week, but we have no signs of itching even though she manages to beg and hoover up food, which is good news as she doesn't seem to be having any reaction to whatever it is she can manage to find.

She is good around the house, she will let you know when she wants to go out by standing by the door waiting patiently till you open it. She hardly ever makes a sound unless she is playing chase with Bailey or playing tug of war with my slipper (Bailey is the one who istigates this game not Autumn).

Anyway we went to the vets last night, and what a giddy little kipper she was having to go over and say hello to everyone lying flat on her back waiting for a belly rub. This she does with every visitor we get to the house and everyone she meets when out walking. She also said hello to all the other dogs that were in the surgery and even being snapped at by a Jack Russell didn't faze her.

All the vet nurses are in love with her. One of the vet nurses friend's is looking for another Labrador and she felt that Autumn would be perfect for her as she has already got a female chocolate labrador too. So details were passed on in how to contact the rescue.

On first seeing Autumn, the vets initial reaction was "thyroid" as she thought that the symptons she was showing ie hair loss, inflamed skin, ear infections etc. were pointing to this, so some bloods have been taken and sent away for tests.

She also feels that before we go ahead with the York Test it is best to wait for these results, if she has allergies which would be a secondary condition to the low thyroid then it is more than likely to be enviromental rather than food.

I did feel a bit sorry for her, her hair is just starting to grow back, and what happens they go and shave some more off to enable them to take some blood. :1962:

But she is still her happy little self, her personality is really starting to come out now, she absolutely loves playing/fetching ball, loves her ears being tickled, belly rubs.

She really is a good dog, needs a tiny bit of training but mainly out on the lead she pulls a bit but it getting better and better.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.